Beginners and Beyond

Totally Tuesdailies (Read 33 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I got an appointment with my massage therapist right after taking Dorian to school, I need it BAD. My back is in knots after dealing with the stroller Sunday for 1.3 miles, my right arm was constantly pulling it back to the right. Lesson learned.... don't tie that stupid dog to the stroller ever.

Whiskers, I've had this Bob's stroller since my son was 2.5 years old and I love it, never had an issue til Jetta nearly tore it apart. My son will be 7 years old this April, thankfully DH fixed the stroller thingy and I'm glad I took it to the shop because I really had no clue what I was doing fidgeting with the front wheel tracking knobs and stuff.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

RCD in splish-splash weather. I might hit the track at lunch.

Today in my "My Topics" link, one of my threads has been censored inappropriate  . Don't remember what that was, but other than often being irrelevant, I don't think I ever post censor worthy material.

delicate flower

Hello, friends!  I hit the track before work to do my 10 mile tempo run, but I wasn't feeling it so I just coasted for 4 miles instead.  I'll do the tempo run after work.  Plus the track was all frosty and my feet were slipping.  I'll count this morning's run as yesterday's skipped run.

<3

LRB

I got an appointment with my massage therapist right after taking Dorian to school, I need it BAD.

My right ass cheek was a torn up mess for two days so I went in last night. Two words for that: REE, LEEF! lol

Docket_Rocket

Today in my "My Topics" link, one of my threads has been censored inappropriate  . Don't remember what that was, but other than often being irrelevant, I don't think I ever post censor worthy material.

Weird. Wondering if I marked it by accident but I cannot find it now to uncensor it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Any admin can uncensor it unless Eric marked it himself.

Oops. Just noticed it wasn’t in our group. No idea then. Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Any admin can uncensor it unless Eric marked it himself.

Oops. Just noticed it wasn’t in our group. No idea then. Sad

Yeah, well I don't care anyway. It's just that I find that weird. Don't feel like asking around on the main boards why it was censored.

LRB

I ran 7.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, I wonder if the thread started getting lots of product spam? There's been some on the main forums where people ask weight loss questions and then happen to find a magic ebook.

RunningOnSand

Hello. It's snowing! Smile

I'll be running inside today b/c of the layer of ice that will now be underneath the snow.

Cyber, that's weird. I wonder if someone accidentally flagged it.

I’m guessing it was something about poutine.

I decided to brave the potentially icy roads and drive to work today. They really weren’t too bad, just kept things a little slow. Leaving at 5:00 AM no doubt helped. And then braved the potentially icy trail. Which was mixed, but probably 80% ice-covered. Managed my 8 miles OK; I apparently only fall on dry pavement. Schedule had 12 strides at the end, which I was concerned about, but that worked out OK too. Kept things a little slow there as well.

Dave

LRB

I decided to brave the potentially icy roads and drive to work today. 

Your area made headlines on The Weather Channel this morning. When they went to their "snow expert", I half expected to see you. 

sdWhiskers

Whiskers, I've had this Bob's stroller since my son was 2.5 years old and I love it, never had an issue til Jetta nearly tore it apart. My son will be 7 years old this April, thankfully DH fixed the stroller thingy and I'm glad I took it to the shop because I really had no clue what I was doing fidgeting with the front wheel tracking knobs and stuff.

Kudos to you for still stroller running! Is your son not very big for his age? It is hilarious to see my son try to fit in our Bob at this point--he's just way too big plus I have no desire to push 50+ lbs when he can bike himself. The tough part is that DH and I can't both run a 5K race at the same time because that was when we used the stroller the most. I think we have maybe another 2 years before DS would be able to run that far.

6 miles + strides on the schedule. We have rain all day so I need to figure it out, will probably just run in the rain after work. I don't mind getting rained on during a run but it's hard to get out there when its pouring as soon as you step out the door.

KCRuns

Cyber, that's weird.  Seems like if a topic gets censored, the admin who did it should send a message to the person to tell them why, even if only to avoid repeats if it's something that really shouldn't be posted.

I ran 5 before work.  I had some logistical issues this morning with what I needed today for a meeting vs what I could fit in my backpack, so I just came early and ran on the TM.  I watched part of a movie, but struggled to get into my run until I turned off the movie and turned on my music.  I was hoping to broaden my TM time to include catching up on shows I want to watch, but I guess that's not going to work for me.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My right ass cheek was a torn up mess for two days so I went in last night. Two words for that: REE, LEEF! lol

My back and upper back was just a freaking mess, she spent the entire hour on it... bloody hell it is sore. She said I will probably need to come back in next week of soon because my rhomboids were in such defense mode and tense it was hard for her to really work them effectively. She put a little work in on my calves and I'll just give them a foam roll longer than a minute tonight.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)