Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies the 1st (Read 29 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 32 this morning - put me down for my first 50k ride.  My foot is a little sore, and my legs are toasted, so I jogged 1 mile just to say I did.

Have a great day everyone!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

I ran 4, which included a mile or so at the track.

LRB

On the headphones front, which, I know most of us don't need, but on the days you want them; I have been trying out a pair by JBL. Yurbuds Focus 100. Inexpensive, adjustable, decent enough sound quality (for fitness headphones that is), but most of all; THEY DON'T SWEAT OUT!

Not yet, anyway.

Stay tuned...

delicate flower

Since we last spoke yesterday, I swam 2500 yards, biked 25 miles, and did a 2 mile brick run.  Aka DOIN' WORK.

<3

onemile

On the headphones front, which, I know most of us don't need, but on the days you want them; I have been trying out a pair by JBL. Yurbuds Focus 100. Inexpensive, adjustable, decent enough sound quality (for fitness headphones that is), but most of all; THEY DON'T SWEAT OUT!

Not yet, anyway.

Stay tuned...

I just use the Apple ones that came with my ipod shuffle

10 miles.

Off to the Oregon coast for the weekend. HS grad party for DS with the family at MIL's.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yurbuds are what I use. Hours and hours, never sweating or moving.

I ran 2 at Orange Theory, consisting of 0.15 mile run, 150m row, repeat for half the class.  Progressive from MP to 5K, and they went great.  6 miles tonight.

Damaris

No more marathons

I might run, I might not.

What I will do is hit the theater to see Baby Driver.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

I might run, I might not.

What I will do is hit the theater to see Baby Driver.

I can't hear the name of that movie without that damn Simon & Garfunkel song running through my head. You are old enough to remember that one.

Dave

No more marathons

I can't hear the name of that movie without that damn Simon & Garfunkel song running through my head. You are old enough to remember that one.

You'd think so, but I had to google it and still don't remember.

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

OK, now that was an interesting run.

Decided to get something in today and was planning on heading to either the college or to the trails I usually hit - hoping for some shade.

Normal trails are about 8 miles from home, and then I remembered a new trail they put in that is a little closer - and since I've never run it I figured why not.

The trail is located just above the Brevard Music Center - an international gathering in the summer months for some of the nation's and world's top aspiring musicians.  For about the first half mile out, and the last half mile back in I was serenaded by the sounds of a full orchestra.  Kind of cool.

The other interesting item - the name of the trail is to be taken seriously.  Bracken Mountain.  Holy Shite.  I only went out about a mile and a quarter - just steady climb.  Gained almost 600 feet.  And it was still going up when I turned around.

I think this was my shortest run this year - but certainly not my easiest.

Good times.

He's a leaker!

Zelanie

Great trail run today. Met some friends for the last part of their long run. I ran 6.5 from a familiar starting point, but learned some new trails along the way, including going up to see the "Hydra Tree", which is this super thick moss covered tree with many branches.

The first part was OMG steep. There's a reason some of those trails aren't used that often. For a Saturday morning, we hardly saw anybody.

Mia went along and had a blast. I don't think I've taken her to the forest before without Zoe, but she did great.

Dave, you could have traded places with DD. She is up in WA for the holiday.  MTA- Where did he decide to go next year?

I can't keep earbuds of any kind in without a bandana to hold them in.

onemile

I ran 10 with 6x1mile going from HM effort to 10k effort

It was on the treadmill because I couldn't drag myself out of bed this morning before it got hot

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

6 @ 11:32mm, 8 for the day.  Legs are tired from this morning, but the good thing about the TM is that it does not let me slow down.

Damaris

What should be a 5-hour drive took 6.5. Ugh.

Dave