Beginners and Beyond

Petulant TuesDAILIES (Read 42 times)

LRB

40 degrees and overcast yesterday, bright and sunny for an hour last evening, currently 20, rain tomorrow, sleet tomorrow night, a blizzard Thursday, an overnight low of 15 going into Friday morning, then back into the 40s with sun this weekend...

Yep, it looks like winter is definitely throwing a tantrum. lol

LRB

Hi.

I'm heading out. What's up?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 7 miles.  It was mid 40s and dry, so pretty good.  Massive rain, temp drops, and some snow in the next 48 hours.  fts.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning.  It is a swim and bike day, the prior of which I did before work (2400 yards).  One hour on the spin bike to do after work.

I don't even know why I bother to look at the weather.  When I have a mid-week tempo run to do, the weather is going to be crappy.  Every time.  EVERY.TIME.  For the last five weeks.  Tomorrow will make it six in a row with snow and sleet moving in tonight.  Seriously WTH.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 6-7 miles tonight.  My massage therapist moved my out of place sacrum well so I was able to run 5 miles last night, yay me.

LRB, it's going to be 85 tomorrow, take that.  FFS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Jet lag. Woke up at 3. At around 3:15 I had decided I could not fall back asleep so at 4 I already had a coffee and was hitting the Seattle streets. 38 degrees at 4 AM, ran in shorts and long sleeves shirt. Tried to get to the waterfront trail, but it seems like the construction on the 99 is exactly the same as last year. Couldn't figure out how to get to the trail and didn't want to spend too much time figuring that out instead of actually running. Asked a woman working there (construction), but she did not really try to be helpful.

So I hit the downtown streets. Decided to go up Spring St. CRAZY UPHILL. A real leg burner. I had found what my run was going to be about. At the top, I ran back down taking a long route around town, and went back up Spring St. I ran it 4 times. Then the PM hit me (last night's beer) so I hurried back at the hotel. 5.95 miles.

Next up, a full day sitting at a conference.

CRAZY UPHILL. 

Hahaha. That's a nice Seattle welcome for you.  Sadly you will not be treated to some of our famous gloomy weather, it's supposed to be beautiful this week.

Ran from home instead of near work because of all-day offsite meeting. I live about 20 miles north of downtown and it was 33 degrees for me. If I was a Seattle native I would consider it FREEZING. But I know better. 9 miles.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It was 37 degrees this morning, I got in 8 miles - slow and easy... and sluggish...

High is going to be around 56 so I'll probably be taking Dorian for a hike at Audubon later this afternoon.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

...so I hurried back at the hotel. 5.95 miles.

Hill repeats AND a fartlek? Nice! lol

Remember to keep your legs straightened as much as possible whilst seated!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Dang, lots of miles around these parts so I will add to it.  I am running an easy 8 with two sets of 5x150 strides.  Yep.

LRB

So I'm on the construction site of a Dick's Sporting Goods being built, and somehow, I end up walking through an ankle deep mud pit, where the mud was so dense, it sucked one of my fuckin boots off! OF COURSE, my bootless foot landed in the mud before I realized what happened. So now I'm standing there, on one leg, without a boot, wearing a mud soaked sock and holding an iPad! I almost fell over twice but for the love of strength work, I was able to maintain my balance on said leg, pull the sock off, retrieve my boot and put it back on geezus.

Oh, and yes there was an audience!

LRB

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, I hate when mud tries to take a shoe. Dorian had that experience last Thursday, and he wasn't pleased at all about it either lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

So I'm on the construction site of a Dick's Sporting Goods being built, and somehow, I end up walking through an ankle deep mud pit, where the mud was so dense, it sucked one of my fuckin boots off! OF COURSE, my bootless foot landed in the mud before I realized what happened. So now I'm standing there, on one leg, without a boot, wearing a mud soaked sock and holding an iPad! I almost fell over twice but for the love of strength work, I was able to maintain my balance on said leg, pull the sock off, retrieve my boot and put it back on geezus.

Oh, and yes there was an audience!

Sorry, I am laughing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Great story LRB! Smile