Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

Hip Redux

Alrighty, bluerun, I have a new addition for Oski and Bluerun's Sunshine Unicorn EmporiumTM - dry needling!  Supposed to be more painful than Graston!

bluerun

Super B****

Alrighty, bluerun, I have a new addition for Oski and Bluerun's Sunshine Unicorn EmporiumTM - dry needling!  Supposed to be more painful than Graston!

Ohhh!  I had that once!!  It was pretty much on par with trigger point acupuncture... that one was fun, too.

We really should open this emporium, you know.  Masochists will flock to it.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

My chiro suggested that to me when he failed to help me with Graston and ART. 

Oski, you're getting cut open in less than a month!  I vote for relaxing and enjoying these next few weeks.

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

Ohhh!  I had that once!!  It was pretty much on par with trigger point acupuncture... that one was fun, too.

We really should open this emporium, you know.  Masochists will flock to it.

Ha!  I have a feeling our clientele will be a little different than us. :P   My PT is learning how to do dry needling so we talked about it today.   She said for some people it's immediate relief, pretty amazing.

Mandy - I KNOW.   Unfortunately, my semester ends May 2nd, so there will be no relaxing between now and then.   I have a ten page paper, a final exam, a final project report and two self-study finance exams to take in the next three weeks.    My stress is through the roof.  And that's on top of all the stuff I need to do for work   Blah.

Hip Redux

This thread was buried, so I hope this means y'all are healthy and out running Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

I saw the thread was buried, but I'm trying to read a student's dissertation and not procrastinate.

Guess I'm failing!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Love the Half

Update.  I went to see the ortho on Tuesday, April 15 and he said I could begin transitioning out of the boot.  I did that and by Saturday was out of it completely.  I haven't been given the go ahead to run but at least I'm not wearing the damn boot anymore.  I go back on Thursday, May 1 and hopefully I'll be cleared to transition back into running.  I am really tired of the damn exercise bike.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Hip Redux

Update.  I went to see the ortho on Tuesday, April 15 and he said I could begin transitioning out of the boot.  I did that and by Saturday was out of it completely.  I haven't been given the go ahead to run but at least I'm not wearing the damn boot anymore.  I go back on Thursday, May 1 and hopefully I'll be cleared to transition back into running.  I am really tired of the damn exercise bike.

Hey, not too bad.  Progress.

obiebyke

How's the transition going, LTH? Still feeling good?

I just did W4D2 of C25K on Wednesday, as part of my plan to gradually increase impact. It's going pretty well. I tape my knee and that helps. The thing is, every single twinge freaks me out. My shin will go YOINK for a split second and I'm like "Oh no! My injury is back! Oh god!" Does that ever go away?

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

bluerun

Super B****

I just did W4D2 of C25K on Wednesday, as part of my plan to gradually increase impact. It's going pretty well. I tape my knee and that helps. The thing is, every single twinge freaks me out. My shin will go YOINK for a split second and I'm like "Oh no! My injury is back! Oh god!" Does that ever go away?

It's been nearly two years since I've had a pelvic fracture and I STILL freak out about it all the time.  (Though I guess that's kind of justified, after nine of them… )

For NORMAL people, yes, that does go away.  Eventually.  If you don't think about it.

chasing the impossible

obiebyke

I am definitely not normal. Dammit.

It's been nearly two years since I've had a pelvic fracture and I STILL freak out about it all the time.  (Though I guess that's kind of justified, after nine of them… )

For NORMAL people, yes, that does go away.  Eventually.  If you don't think about it.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Hip Redux

All of my injuries end up being some sort of chronic mess, so I can't say I've ever gotten over them.    Actually, no, the posterior tibial tendinopathy did resolve and I don't worry about that too much anymore.  Everything else?  Meh.

I am carbo-loading for surgery.  That's a thing, right?  Because I am eating everything in front of me that's sweet.

bluerun

Super B****

All of my injuries end up being some sort of chronic mess, so I can't say I've ever gotten over them.    Actually, no, the posterior tibial tendinopathy did resolve and I don't worry about that too much anymore.  Everything else?  Meh.

I am carbo-loading for surgery.  That's a thing, right?  Because I am eating everything in front of me that's sweet.

Of course it's a thing... you're about to put your body through quite an ordeal, aren't you?!

So my shin is being weird.  I've had shin splints pretty much since the beginning of 2013, and they suck, but okay... I can't find a sore spot, though.  I can poke and prod and everything, but there's no one spot that hurts when I do that.  WTF?!

chasing the impossible

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Hmmmm.....carbo loading before surgery.  I like it!  

Blue ---- try striking your shins with one of these and see if you can pinpoint the pain......

Randy

bluerun

Super B****

Hmmmm.....carbo loading before surgery.  I like it!  

Blue ---- try striking your shins with one of these and see if you can pinpoint the pain......

I"ll be able to pinpoint the NEW pain, won't help me with the old one!

What is that, anyway -- some sort of medieval spiked ball torture device?!  I don't think our House of Horrors has one of those yet...

chasing the impossible