Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

bluerun

Super B****

You are seriously jinxed!  Damn.  I hope it's nothing.

Mandy - I'm glad it wasn't bad!

So I ran again tonight without any lightheaded/dizzy/nausea etc.   Glad to be able to get back at it even if it's only 30 minutes on the TM, but I could do without the ITBS and the groin pain, already.   Can I just deal with ONE problem at a time?   Oy.

If you deal with all of the problems at once, then you get rid of them all at once, too.  Sure, you're in agony at the time, but think how awesome it will be afterwards when you have no problems at all!  (I'm taking painkillers, so don't mind me if I make no sense; I never, ever, ever take them.  And they don't even help so I'm not sure why I bothered...)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Singer who runs a smidge

Blue, that sounds nice and optimistic, but I'm not sure it works like that!!  Though what do I know, I have one problem that now encompasses about a year and a half.  Roll eyes

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I have torn my labrum (cartilage in the hip joint.)  I know absolutely zero details at this point, but at least there's something wrong with me.  Surgery is a possible option.

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

I have torn my labrum (cartilage in the hip joint.)  I know absolutely zero details at this point, but at least there's something wrong with me.  Surgery is a possible option.

Well... you called it.  Sad  Ugh.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I think the most frustrating thing is that I asked for this specific MRI/MRA a year ago, but my stupid doctor was so convinced I had a stress fracture that he wouldn't give it to me and tried to put me on crutches. Then I got the tendonitis diagnosis.  And all along Dr. Google was right.  Poor Dr. Google doesn't get enough credit.  Joking

Running is dumb.

delicate flower

Sorry to hear that, Mandy.  That has to be frustrating as hell.  But, at least you finally know what's wrong and can focus on getting fixed.  I just googled and it looks like you've got some work ahead of you.  Best of luck and I hope you're running again sooner rather than later. 

<3

Pinktastic

Now that your doctor's finally seen that you've been right all along, hopefully he'll fast-track you on a repair / recovery plan so that you can get back to running soon!   Hugs to you!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Singer who runs a smidge

I think the most frustrating thing is that I asked for this specific MRI/MRA a year ago, but my stupid doctor was so convinced I had a stress fracture that he wouldn't give it to me and tried to put me on crutches. Then I got the tendonitis diagnosis.  And all along Dr. Google was right.  Poor Dr. Google doesn't get enough credit.  Joking

This is why we have to advocate for our own health!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

bluerun

Super B****

Are you going to tell your stupid doctor he was wrong?!  (When I had my first stress fractures and he insisted that I had a ruptured tendon, I made a point of sending him a copy of the MRI report that specified "normal tendon insertion."  He pretended I didn't.  He's no longer my doctor, obviously.)

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear this -- but at least you finally know what's wrong.

chasing the impossible

Mandy, they do have super-sized MRI machines... sad but necessary.  Hope you get more conclusive answers this time around!

To add to the fun... the mysterious back problem that plagued me a couple of summers back is returning.  I was in pain for weeks then; I don't have time for this crap, I really don't!!  I'm starting to feel like I have Munchausen's because something. always. hurts. Black eye

That is now called Oski Syndrome.

Dave

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Thanks fellow injured people.  I think I'll wind up facing the same dilemma Dave is, although I think he's running a bit more pain free than I am.

bluerun, my original doctor is no longer even there, so I couldn't tell him he was a fuck up even if I wanted to.

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

That is now called Oski Syndrome.

HEY!

I resemble that remark.

bluerun

Super B****

HEY!

I resemble that remark.

No offense, but whatever it's called, I DON'T WANT TO HAVE IT ANYMORE.

This actually isn't the same thing I had a couple of years ago, I don't think -- that was higher up, it was in my low back.  This is more in my butt... I'm guessing around the piriformis.  Joy.  And it's all on the same side (ITBS, shin pain, now this), probably because my pelvis is completely misaligned and screwing everything up.

I stand by my original statement: I WANT A NEW PELVIS.

chasing the impossible

Hip Redux

I wouldn't be surprised if it is all related.   A lot of my stuff stems from my low back injury - which causes my hips to tilt and yeah, all sorts of issues.

Mandy's stuff reminded me that my follow up for the groin is the 18th with the ortho.   He said he would send me to get the MRI with contrast if I was still dealing with it.   

So for those of you paying attention at home... the last four weeks, I have had or have scheduled:

2 Visits to the cardio

Visit to the ortho

ER visit

3 EKGs

2 Stress tests

Echocardiogram

Table tilt test

4-6 weeks with a cardiac event monitor

Bloodwork that showed a wacked out thyroid

Script for thyroid meds

and potentially an MRI and a partridge in a pear tree as LRB would say.

Maybe Dave is right...  and I am going broke with all these effing copays.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Oski wins.  Surprised  (Not something you want to win...)  Geez, lady.

Bluerun, wanna travel to some faraway place with me and find a couple of pelvis's on the black market? I assume they would come with new cartilage (for me) and be super strong (for you.)

Running is dumb.