Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Hey fellow gimpy people.  I will be scheduling surgery for late winter.  So we can start a surgery club or something.  Joking

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

Hey fellow gimpy people.  I will be scheduling surgery for late winter.  So we can start a surgery club or something.  Joking

Congrats, I guess!  So I take it the consult went OK?

What about the FAI?

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

The consult was informative, but also a lot of, "We won't know until we're in there."  Imaging only provides so much info.

He did seem to think I had a slight CAM impingement (form of FAI.)  But they won't know until they're in there if it's causing damage to the labrum.  Won't know if I have arthritis until they're in there (but I don't seem to have typical arthritis pain.)  I can do nothing and live with the pain, and the limits the pain is putting on my life, or I can have surgery.  Those were basically my options.  He doesn't know if I would continue to damage the labrum if I did nothing.

Running is dumb.

Sorry, that sucks. Cry Although I guess that gives some hope to finally free you from your perennial gimp status.

Will they at least wait till the mileage competition is over? Wait - you're not on my team - get it right away!

Dave

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

March 3rd is my surgery date.  Woo hoo!  I plan on running until then.  Sorry, Dave.  Joking

How is everyone else doing?

Running is dumb.

bluerun

Super B****

Still seeking a new right knee.  Anyone??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Day 10 post surgery for me.  Still uncomfortable with the brace on, can only sleep on my back.  Woo hoo for my first shower yesterday after 9 days of that stupid wash cloth.  I forgot how fragrant a shower can be Smile (plus forgot how easy it is to pee in the shower, lol).  Getting some sensation back to my but, but still about 65% numb.  Mandy you were correct that the infrequent but oddly timed tingles are probably the nerves turning back on.

Current protocol has me taking my first running step in Feb/Mar, that's right, 14-16 weeks before a simple jog.

Here is a picture of what holds me stiff.

Still seeking a new right knee.  Anyone??

Mine has been holding up lately but I don't think you'd want to take any chances with it. And I'm going to use it while it lasts.

Dave

Hip Redux

Here is a picture of what holds me stiff.

In a different context, this sentence could get you in trouble. lol  But damn that things looks uncomfortable!  Sad

I managed 8 miles yesterday but they were only painfree because I had taken my back pain meds earlier in the day.  I could have had an anvil drop on my foot and I'm not sure I would have felt it lol   But boy did it feel good to run.

I managed 8 miles yesterday but they were only painfree because I had taken my back pain meds earlier in the day.  I could have had an anvil drop on my foot and I'm not sure I would have felt it lol   But boy did it feel good to run.

Ooh! Whatcha got?

Dave

Hip Redux

Ooh! Whatcha got?

I have everything.

Percocet

Tramadol

Robaxin

Meloxicam

and so on

Yesterday's cocktail was tramadol and 800mg ibuprofen.

bluerun

Super B****

I have everything.

Percocet

Tramadol

Robaxin

Meloxicam

and so on

Yesterday's cocktail was tramadol and 800mg ibuprofen.

Percocet, Tramadol -- make me sick

Robaxin -- puts me to sleep but does nothing for pain

Meloxicam -- NSAID (I don't take those since there's some evidence that they can impede bone healing)

I'm plumb out of luck in the pharmaceuticals department.

But, hey -- you got to run!!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Hip Redux

Robaxin is a muscle relaxer so if the pain isn't from that, then it's unlikely to help - but it makes me wicked drowsy too.    Lucky for me the whole class of opioid pain killers make me HIGH.   Like - wheeeeeeeee I can rule the world! high.   So I try to not use them too often.  lol

LRB

I got cyclobenzaprine (flexeril), one of those and two glasses of wine and my ass is feeling fine.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I got cyclobenzaprine (flexeril),...................................

I have good info that Oski has that too Wink