Beginners and Beyond

Sharing misery on the disabled list (Read 333 times)

LRB

Me-Dr. Prietto saw his shadow, so six more weeks of no running for me. 

Funny!

onemile

No idea.  I have been partial weight bearing since I left the hospital, but I imagine I'll still be stuck on them for 3 weeks or so.  At least that's what my paperwork says, but it'll depend on how quickly I heal as well.

3 weeks isn't too bad. Hopefully it'll go by quickly.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Good news about being back to marathon training by May, Rick!  My fingers are crossed for you.

Post-op day 4: (Maybe I should be making notes in my log...hmmmm...)  Got outside today for the first time!  My dad and I drove back to my house to pick up my mail.  I was great to breathe in some fresh air.  I also had a much less scary bike ride on the trainer.  I feel like my ROM is already better after only a few short days.  Over the course of today I've only had a half of a pain pill, so I think I can pretty much be done with those.

2 weeks till the NCAA basketball tourney starts and I can watch that all day

Running is dumb.

Hip Redux

Sounds like you're doing well, Mandy!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Page 94 ---  Mother %^@@#$& Piece of ^%@!#@ kiss my  $%#^ing #$%!$!% worthless !$#! son of a $@#%@%^@!!

Page 95 --- Things are looking up!!

LMAO!!

The only sure thing is change, eh?

Randy

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I just took my first shower and I feel like I ran a marathon. I'm exhausted!

Running is dumb.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

I just took my first shower and I feel like I ran a marathon. I'm exhausted!

Whooooaaa!!!  What were you DOING in there??  

Maybe this is a better conversation over in L & O?  

Randy

Docket_Rocket

Good news about being back to marathon training by May, Rick!  My fingers are crossed for you.

Post-op day 4: (Maybe I should be making notes in my log...hmmmm...)  Got outside today for the first time!  My dad and I drove back to my house to pick up my mail.  I was great to breathe in some fresh air.  I also had a much less scary bike ride on the trainer.  I feel like my ROM is already better after only a few short days.  Over the course of today I've only had a half of a pain pill, so I think I can pretty much be done with those.

2 weeks till the NCAA basketball tourney starts and I can watch that all day

Great news, Mandy.  Hoping for quick and continuous recovery.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Ok, so after a great run Thursday, I rode 40 miles on the bike yesterday morning (a new PR distance for me) and though I was sore, I felt fine.  I mowed the lawn yesterday afternoon and then played a basketball game last night.  First half went great.  Legs loosened up & I was playing, jumping, shooting well.

Then late in the 2nd half I was running down the court and my left hip started hurting.  It was a fairly sharp pain high and on the outside of the hip.  What the H is that??

Tronchanteric bursitis?

It's definitely sore this morning.

If it ain't one thing, it's another.

Randy

Hip Redux

Bursitis can certainly hit on the side of the hip. Does it hurt to the touch?

Congrats on the 40 miler Smile

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Naw.  Only when I put significant pressure on it.  Walking is fine, though I can feel it a little stiff from last night.  But I was trotting to the car this morning in a hurry & I could feel it.

It's just very high on the hip.  Like where back meets butt cheek   And just a tad toward the outside.

Stupid failing body bul@#$^$!!

Randy

Will run for scenery.

Stupid failing body bul@#$^$!!

New name for the thread ?   

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

New name for the thread ?   

lol

Surgery consult is tomorrow!

workinprogress11

lol

Surgery consult is tomorrow!

Good luck!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Hoping the news is good tomorrow!!

I'm gonna try & run on this bum hip tomorrow & see what happens.  If my leg falls off, I'll let y'all know! 

Randy