Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies (Read 42 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

So shoot me.  It is midnight on the East Coast.  I just finished work stuff that I wanted to get caught up on without other work distractions that would happen during the day.

I'm not usually up this late but I'm glad to have gotten the big project done as it was merging several different spread sheets with a lot of sorting etc.

from yesterday, LRB dry needling is a specific technique where the therapist places a needle into a trigger point to help it release.  It is NOT acupuncture.  There is very specific training in order to be able to perform it and some states therapists can't do it at all.  It is not typically taught in PT school and requires some very expensive continuing education classes to be able to do it.  Also some states require so many hours before it can be done on a patient.  Lots of controls and a pretty big controversial subject as acupuncturists don't think therapists should do it (even though it is not the same thing) and some doctors don't want therapist to use needles.

It doesn't hurt and is well supported as being effective.  I have several therapists that do it but I've never been trained in doing it.

so, WHATCHA got for a Thursday?

Marjorie

Good morning, everyone.

Marjorie, thank you for starting today's thread.

After retrieving my serger from the sewing machine repair shop, I'll hit the gym for weights and some TM time. I'll do ab work when I finally return home.

I crashed before 8:00 last night. I needed that sleep.

LRB

LRB dry needling is a specific technique where the therapist places a needle into a trigger point to help it release. 

It is nothing short of a miracle that I have not had this done! lol

Hi B.  I crashed shortly thereafter at 8:30.

I will be heading to work to run on the belt here in a bit where a fox came in yesterday and spent time on the elliptical which helped break up the monotony of running on the stupid thing.

See you on the other side!

Cyberic

Hi Marjorie, Basya and LRB, and hello to others in advance

SRD for me. I'll be spending my day in airports and planes, and losing 3 hours of my day in the process (3 time zones).

See ya

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did go do a run/walk after I got off work yesterday.  3.3 miles done in the Zoo Park, just a nice 'easy run in the park'  in 37:15 and I felt pretty good the whole way.   A bit of a breezy 50 degrees, with cloud cover, so not too bad.  Then I went home and took my doc's advice and slept...and slept and slept and slept.  Lots of sleep is exhausting!   I woke up in a kind of a fuzz this morning, but a nice hot shower got me feeling much better.   I feel just about back to my old self today.   Back to work today for a full day and then post-work - or maybe a rare lunch time run/walk around the university campus - a very easy few miles again.  Our weather is changing again...getting a bit warmer today - up to 60 degrees - tomorrow near 70...and this weekend near 80 for the high!  With plenty of sunshine all days, so that's nice.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Thanks for starting us off, Marjorie. Your post reminded me it's time once again to get my semi-annual injection for my spinal arthritis, oh happy happy, joy joy!   Congrats on getting your big project done!

I have no idea, Basya, what a serger is, but hope it is in good condition when you retrieve it.  Ahh, you reminded me I need to do my weight training circuit too.  I might do that after my run today....or maybe wait until this weekend.  See how tired I am after the run/walk.  Don't want to start pushing things yet, maybe, just starting to feel 100% again after 2 long days of fighting some kind of crud.

Safe travel, Cy!

Wow, a fox on the elliptical, very interesting LRB.   Did the fox come in because there were maybe some clucking hens there too?  Must be nice to run on a TM in a nature preserve...  

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning's run was quite exciting and the silver lining I've been looking for, I don't want to get my hopes up completely and feel or think that I am finally out of danger but damn the run did feel great. I don't remember the last time a run felt this good and absolutely no pain or soreness, which was surprising because I really expected to feel some aches after yesterday's workouts.

The temperature was 19 degrees with a feels like 7, and 12 mph N winds so I am really shocked that I felt so good... chances are that my butt and legs were too numb to feel pain lol. Rocky and I hit the roads and ran 5.1 miles in 51:13 with a pace of 10:03 min/mile and it was definitely a progressive run, and it feels like that pace is finally back in my easy range.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This morning's run was quite exciting and the silver lining I've been looking for, I don't want to get my hopes up completely and feel or think that I am finally out of danger but damn the run did feel great. I don't remember the last time a run felt this good and absolutely no pain or soreness, which was surprising because I really expected to feel some aches after yesterday's workouts.

The temperature was 19 degrees with a feels like 7, and 12 mph N winds so I am really shocked that I felt so good... chances are that my butt and legs were too numb to feel pain lol. Rocky and I hit the roads and ran 5.1 miles in 51:13 with a pace of 10:03 min/mile and it was definitely a progressive run, and it feels like that pace is finally back in my easy range.

19 degrees with a feels like 7!   No wonder you felt so great with absolutely no soreness or pain...like you said, everything was probably numb!    Congrats on your great run!  And give a nice tail-wag from me to Rocky...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol, thanks Scotty.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  It was close to 80F this morning and 100% humidity so my 6 were rough, but the rain at the end cooled things down.  Pilates and weights later; maybe some miles later (although we have a dinner tonight).

Damaris

delicate flower

HEY!  Today's plan was to get up at 5:00 AM and hit the gym for a 40 minute treadmill speed session.  Today's reality was shutting off the alarm, sleeping until 6:30, and rescheduling the run for 5:00 PM.  90 extra minutes of sleep sure did hit the spot.

More snow today.  Of course.

With DW in full-on tax season mode, I need to be better about planning my runs that last an hour or longer...maybe do them in the morning.  Since I've now got full time house duties, I didn't have dinner until after 8:00 last night and didn't spend any time sitting on my ass, which I do enjoy.  I'd prefer a 6:30 dinner and an hour or two of relaxing.  Cool.story.bro?

Grip it and rip it.

<3

LRB

Run done.  Now for my recovery meal which will be the other half of yesterday's lunch; Chipotle.

B-Plus

HEY!  Today's plan was to get up at 5:00 AM and hit the gym for a 40 minute treadmill speed session.  Today's reality was shutting off the alarm, sleeping until 6:30, and rescheduling the run for 5:00 PM.  90 extra minutes of sleep sure did hit the spot.

+1

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Today is a rest day.

LRB not surprising. Really not many therapist do dry needling. Only a few pockets is it widely used. Michigan the practice act is silent and no position on it so there are a few but not a ton. Where as a state like GA it is specifically in the practice act and taught widely so more do same with CO. The doctors and acupuncturists highly fight this. It us a hot button topic.

Marjorie

Not even worth talking about how ridiculously cold it is out there.

9 miles on the treadmill with 6 at GMP. First MP run since my M. It was OK.

Oh and to add a little color to my life, I bought these:

Ravenna 5's on clearance at RW, plus a coupon code, for a final price of $61. Hard to beat that. My first ever purchase from RW, by the way.

Dave