Beginners and Beyond

Wednesday Penguins (Read 31 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

HI Pens...

Gus: Good work on the miles. Are you signing up for any races? Your miles are adding up. Smile

Phillie: I am also tapering and our HMs are on the same day.

Docket: Is it another marathon this weekend?

Hog: I would take a rest day, especially if your feet are bothering you.

HM: have fun at yoga.

J.Drumm: Are you in Eugene? That sounds like a good race. Eugene is a cool town.

Scotty: Soon, you will be doing 10k races!

Zel: Do the relay! They are fun and NO STRESS!

As for me, I am tapering and I will run 40 minutes easy later tonight. Our older DD has a track meet after school (800 and 1600) AND she is getting confirmed tonight. Busy, busy, busy...

Have a good day, Pens.

Bin Running

Rest day for me today.

Just thought of a funny moment on yday run. I was doing my 2nd run yday and my easy speed allow me to overtake this guy. Not overly athletic build but should be younger than me. After a while he speed up to overtake me. I think nothing abt it and he started to lose speed. I am running at a constant pace and soon began to close in on him. As I was to overtake him, he started to speed up, preventing me from doing it. I don't know what got into me and I shifted into my race pace.  As I am going loops on the indoor track, it's awkward when we faced each other again.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

LOL, guys.  It's my first 50K.  And yes, it's a full SRD.

But, I ran down the stairs to evacuate One of my federal buildings after a scare this morning.  Does that count?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LOL, guys.  It's my first 50K.  And yes, it's a full SRD.

But, I ran down the stairs to evacuate One of my federal buildings after a scare this morning.  Does that count?

woohoo for your first ultra.

and I would log it. running down stairs in hills and a skirt cant be easy. Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

From the Internet.

Hi guys Smile About to head out for a run in every blue, yellow, and blue-and-yellow running item I own. 3 minutes walk/7 minutes jog x 3 - getting SO CLOSE to 30 minutes straight again! My shins are going to be treated like royalty for the rest of my running career :P

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Jack - I'm signed up for a 5K on 4/28. There are 2 other 5K races I'd like to do on 5/4 and 5/11. That would be 3 5K's in a row for me. Since I shifted my training to base building I think I will use the races for speed work. Hopefully when I build a decent consistent base over the summer, I will do really well in the fall 5k season!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

GinnyinPA

Bin - as a backpacker, I've run into that attitude often.  "How can I allow that female to walk ahead?"  So they pass, and we play leapfrog until they get tired and decide to tie a shoelace or look at a view.

Damaris - didn't you have a similar scare a couple of days ago?  I guess all the Federal folks, especially at the courts, are on edge after Colorado and Texas. Enjoy the rest day.

Margo and Jack - hope taper madness doesn't get too bad.  Are you both doing two week tapers?

Gustav - enjoy your MLR.

Mitch - enjoy your rest.  Are you sore, or just feeling like taking a break?

Zelanie - hope the knee feels better soon.  The relay sounds like fun.

HopesMom - after all your activity last week, a good bout of yoga will probably feel good.

JDrumm - hope your legs recover well from your race.  That moonlit run sounds like fun.  There have been some very bright evenings I've wished I could go for a hike or run.

Scotty - sounds like our weather.  Hope you get out before the thunder starts.  You're faster than you give yourself credit for, given the amount of time you pause to take pictures.  I OTOH, really do expect to be DFL on Sunday, but I don't care either.  Somebody has to be sweep.

Tomas - being sick and then running 17, no wonder you were tired.

AFM:  may do either a tempo run on the TM or a short easy run.  Yesterday I felt like lead, mostly from the hike I had done the day before, partly from my long run on Sunday.  So today will depend on how my legs feel once I get started.

Philliefan33

Margo and Jack - hope taper madness doesn't get too bad.  Are you both doing two week tapers?

I can't speak for Jack, but I have a two week taper.  Tis week I am running the same frequency but only 75-80% of the mileage.  No LR on the weekend.  The first half of next week will be normal frequency, 75% mileage, three days before the race I will do a very short run, then two days of rest.

Keep in mind that I am making this up on the fly -- based on things I've read and advice from folks on the forum.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: I am also doing a two week taper. I will do easy runs, two short tempo runs, some strides, and a ten mile run on Saturday.

tracilynn

Hey peng'uns

I ran 2 miles today then walked up some hills for another mile or so.  I am still struggling to run a measily 2 miles.  I thought comebacks were supposed to be easier and faster.  Ha.  Icing my foot now and watching the news.  I have been in such a FUNK after the bombings.  Just a major funk.  I cant stop thinking of the dozens of people who lost limbs and will never be able to run on their own feet or legs Sad I need to turn off the news I think.

Happy to hear everyone is chugging along here.  Zel, I hope your knee is okay...

~~~~~~~

Traci

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone. Both my friend and wife worked late yesterday so I took the opportunity to just take a RD. It was nice, I updated my order list and then sat on the couch ate popcorn and watched Peter Pan with my daughter.

Plan on getting some miles in tonight as well as some sort of workout.

Leaving work a little early today. Have a Bday party to take the daughter to. It's at Chuck-e-cheese.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Not me.  What happened in CO and TX?  I'm lost today.

Bin - as a backpacker, I've run into that attitude often.  "How can I allow that female to walk ahead?"  So they pass, and we play leapfrog until they get tired and decide to tie a shoelace or look at a view.

Damaris - didn't you have a similar scare a couple of days ago?  I guess all the Federal folks, especially at the courts, are on edge after Colorado and Texas. Enjoy the rest day.

Gustav - enjoy your MLR.

Mitch - enjoy your rest.  Are you sore, or just feeling like taking a break?

Zelanie - hope the knee feels better soon.  The relay sounds like fun.

HopesMom - after all your activity last week, a good bout of yoga will probably feel good.

JDrumm - hope your legs recover well from your race.  That moonlit run sounds like fun.  There have been some very bright evenings I've wished I could go for a hike or run.

Scotty - sounds like our weather.  Hope you get out before the thunder starts.  You're faster than you give yourself credit for, given the amount of time you pause to take pictures.  I OTOH, really do expect to be DFL on Sunday, but I don't care either.  Somebody has to be sweep.

Tomas - being sick and then running 17, no wonder you were tired.

AFM:  may do either a tempo run on the TM or a short easy run.  Yesterday I felt like lead, mostly from the hike I had done the day before, partly from my long run on Sunday.  So today will depend on how my legs feel once I get started.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sloooow.

Sorry for absenteeism. Still feeling pretty crap. Just finished 3 miles (1 mile run, 1/2 mile walk x 2)

Not me.  What happened in CO and TX?  I'm lost today.

i dont know of anything too serious, but I had 35 kids in lunch detention today. there is only 102 kids on my campus. Spring fever is here.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm slow checking in today. Spin class this morning.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to