Where is everyone?

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Monday rest day

happy Memorial Day

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

5 miles early. This time, rather than 4:1, I walked the first two minutes of each mile, then finished the mile running. So far, so good.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

happylily

Have a good Memorial Day, everyone! My day off was last Monday (Queen Victoria's birthday for the rest of Canada. Fete des Patriotes in Quebec), so today I have to work.

Rest day today. I may start on a new core work program this evening. I feel I badly need it. Unfortunately, though I always have good intentions, my laziness usually wins when it comes to core work. :-(

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Happy Memorial Day.

I have Pilates in a few and 6 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Morning everyone! 7.1 easy for me - no time constraints, no plan to follow for training, just running what I feel like Smile

outoftheblue

Good morning, I hope people are enjoying the long weekend.

The plan is for a short 1:1 run:walk this afternoon and hope the foot cooperates.  This morning I need to pick the broccoli rabe which is shooting up in the warmer weather.  We had a bunch on a pizza last night and it was delicious, but I don't want it getting any more bitter.  It freezes well, so I'm going be socking most of it away.

Life is good.

delicate flower

'Morning.  I just got back from my run.  8.4 miles at 8:37 pace.  Tired and sore legs and no energy.  Still beats workin'.  Easy bike ride with the wife later.

<3

LRB

'Sup crew!

I ran a 5k this morning, my first since December. It was not a PR attempt, an all out effort or even a race in the general sense of the word. I basically just wanted to put in something at a sustained hardish effort, which I did on a course with rolling hills.

I finished with a time of 20:41 and mile splits of 6:34, 6:43 and 6:49.

I ran it blind (without looking at my Garmin and no sound alerts from it) just focusing on keeping my cadence consistent up the hills and down them.

I obviously could have run a similar time or better on my own, but felt it important to get out in the race atmosphere and despite the $27 bucks it cost me I am glad I did.

I also got to see D Pizzle fo Shizzle, who is continuing his assault on his new age group. He can tell you about that. 

outoftheblue

Nice going LRB!

Life is good.

happylily

Nice going LRB!

+1!

And I thought you had decided not to race...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

+1!

And I thought you had decided not to race...

I said I would not be racing the mile, which I am in no condition to do.

LRB

By the way, I have not been in your chaffing thread, am I missing anything?

When something says warning, discretion is advised, graphic or disgusting, I take heed to that shit. lol

delicate flower

I also got to see D Pizzle fo Shizzle, who is continuing his assault on his new age group. He can tell you about that. 

Kindly tell him to get his fat ass in here and report on said race.

<3

Fat ass arrived. Unexpected FE with LRB - did not think he was showing up to this one. Good times.

This same race last year was my first 10k - ran 45:46

My next 10k was ~3 weeks ago, on 5/2 - ran 45:17

I was pretty sure I could beat that today, since I was still sort of in comeback mode then, and training has been going pretty well lately. Shooting for 44:30, and thought maybe if things were going amazingly, I'd have a chance to push 44:00.

Result: 43:53. 2nd AG.

Splits:   6:58, 7:06, 7:08, 7:04, 7:18, 7:06, final 0.2 at 6:08

(on 5/2: 7:13, 7:25, 7:18, 7:24, 7:15, 6:58, final 0.2 at 6:12)

I thought I was a bit too reluctant to push hard early in the last race, and ended up still having a lot left at the end. Today I wanted to go out strong, knowing I needed a 7:06 avg for 44:00, & see if I could hold it. If I blew up so be it. Clearly fell off a bit in mile 5, and thought I might have a heart attack, but managed to pull it together for the last 1.2. Very happy with the outcome.

I think I am done with 10k's for now; plan to target 5k's next.

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

Dave