Beginners and Beyond

It's a Super Penguin Weekend (Read 26 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

2 miles planned to get to 100 for January. Think I can go outside for that..

Have a super weekend !!!

on my way to badass

Happy SB weekend Penguins! Nice mileage Jerry! Enjoy the outside. Its 0F and windy here so its the TM for me. We will be beer shopping later.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

From the Internet.

Morning pens!

PT was extremely helpful - as I suspected, very weak glute medius, and weak glute maximus and slightly misaligned pelvis too. I got a bunch of stretches/exercises to work on at home, and I go back on Wednesday to be poked with needles!

Zelanie

Hey, pens!  I didn't get my run in yesterday.  So, 6 planned for this afternoon. That will put me at 185 for the month- the most since September.

Jerry- Enjoy the outdoor run!

SF- Brr!  Hope there is beer left for you!

Lauren- Very happy that you have a plan!  It always feel so much better when there's something you can do that will help.

GinnyinPA

Jerry - enjoy your chilly two.  Is it snowing there yet?

SF - have fun on the TM

Lauren - I'm glad you have a plan.  Can you share the exercises?  I think I need to work on that part of my anatomy as well.  Besides lunges, squats and pelvic thrusts, what do they recommend?

Z - are you back in training mode?  For which race?  Congratulations on the 185.

AFM:  I am supposed to do 7 at MP.  Since it's cold and windy (feels like 8 deg.) it will be on the TM, which will help keep me on pace.

hog4life

16.3 with Bella and friends. I'll have a pic in FB shortly. It was a beautiful sunrise by the river. January was 106.2 for me. I had some slow weeks due to all this hectic stuff in our life right now.

tracilynn

Lauren, I want to know the exercises too. I know my glutes are the cause of many problems I have. What are the needles for? Compartment syndrome testing?  Also wanted to know if Lululemon clothes run true to size?

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

I have a story to share

Yesterday was my tempo run and I'm doing the Ryan Hall plan. I was figuring out my HM pace based on Ryan Hall's chart and comparing the number to McMillan. I had a post it note on the counter that said    "Ryan Hall 10:50-11:05" (my HM pace)

and my husband saw it and asked me who Ryan Hall was and why did I meet him at 11:00 yesterday.

LMAO!! I died laughing and he stood there with a face like this  and the I explained and then he felt stupid.

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

I wonder how Brill did today? Anyone stalking her?

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Glad the PT helped Lauren.

What kind, Stone?

Great month, Zel.

Have a good 7, Ginny.

That sounds like a great run, Mitch.

Great story, Traci.

Enjoy L.A., M/M Docket and have a great race.  You too Brill.  FE ?

Street run was good today. Got the 100 January miles, so good start for the year.  Can't let the team (or DW) down.

PADRunner

Morning all, 13 done today. I switched my long run from tomorrow due to weather coming in and book it in January to make it look really big 221.7. Something I'll probable never top.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Nice January miles, Jerry.

StoneFence, happy running and beer shopping.  Are you on the weight loss challenge?  I just gave up beer yesterday in honor of the challenge.  I figure half my unwanted pounds will drop off in the next few weeks if I give up my nightly beer.

Lauren, I'm glad the PT was helpful.  Needles don't sound fun though.  Good luck.

Zel - wow, great January miles!

Ginny, I hope you had a great MP run on the TM.

Mitch, beautiful pic on FB.

Traci, that story about your husband and Ryan Hall is pretty funny.  Big grin  Oh, and my race is tomorrow.  Today I'm busy carb-fat-salt loading.  Big grin

PAD - wow on the miles.  You will do great on your marathon!

January miles for me: 141.9. It's my highest month ever, no wonder I was so tired a few days ago!

Rest day for me.  Headed to the Surf City expo later where I hope to meet up with Damaris and Mr. Docket.  Hubby will be with me and I mentioned to him that we'll be meeting Damaris and her husband, um, ...Mr. Docket. Big grin

tracilynn

Brill- oh okay! That's right it's tomorrow. I knew that.

Pad- congrats on a ginormous month   Wow.

Im trying to break 80 this month which I'm pretty sure is a PB for me.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Traci, lol on hubby being jealous of Ryan Hall!

Brilliant and Damaris- Good luck tomorrow!

PAD- Nice mileage!

I am still not signed up for or training for anything. I finally feel like I have a good base and the 40 mile weeks are coming easily. Next week, I am hoping to make the group track workout, so we'll see how that goes.