Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES: Business in the Front, Party in the Back (Read 208 times)

Pinktastic

Good Morning Runners!!

I hope that your Tuesday is off to a Pinktacular start!!

Basya – I hope that today is stress-free and annoyance-free for you! It really sucks to sleep badly! May you sleep blissfully and soundly tonight!!

Kay – Enjoy the Pilates! How's your foot coming along these days?

Gustav – Holy cow, man!! Lifting so much you got a headache? Wow! I hope there are no residual effects from it today for you!

Tom – I agree. Don't bother Basya. Is your area part of the drought region? If it was before, I'm guessing that you've had so much lately that it's not now. Be careful!

Flarunner – Hope your run this morning went well!!

Damaris – Weights and kickboxing doesn't sound like a rest day to me, but I am not even close to being the MACHINE that you are!! Enjoy your workout!!

Kristin10185 – I know that you're dying to get in a run, but you're doing the right thing by resting. Hope you heal quickly!!

Baboon – Good luck at the doctor!! I sure am looking forward to reading a good report from you later today!! Buenos suerte!!

Kristin79 – I'm glad that you were able to get your run in last night. Enjoy your rest day and stay warm!

Lilac – Good luck at the doctor! I hope he / she is able to get you on the path to recovery and that the plan doesn't take too long!

Nightcrawler – When you don't get it very often, snow is indeed exciting!! Have a great run tonight!

I am supposed to do 10 miles after work today.   It's currently sleeting with thunder and lightening outside so I'm not sure that I'll be able to run outside later.    If I have to run on the TM, I doubt I can last 10 miles of boredom on it so I may switch my run today for one that's supposed to be later this week.  Fingers crossed for an outside run!!

Have a Pinklightful day!!   And, may your next run leave you feeling like you could conquer the world!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Good morning partiers.

The 6 miles went fine yesterday but they were COLD.  I've got a 7 miler tonight. Excuse me while I fartlek.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning gang! 9.35m w/ a ladder workout (4x200/2x400/1x800/2x400/2x200 w/2min rests) on TM and run to and from gym for a warm-up and cool-down. First time doing any kind of ladders workout. Liking doing intervals on the TM. it almost makes it tolerable running on the mill.Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Kay, I wish that I were able to take a Pilates class, but I can never seem to fit one into my scheduleSad

Gustav, what's this about neurological damage?!?!?

Tom, enjoy whichever kind of run you do.

flarunner, have a great five-miler. What's a progression run?

Damaris, have fun lifting and kickboxing.

kristin10185, I hope that your rest day leaves you relaxed and refreshed.

Baboon, good luck at the doctors's.

Kristin, enjoy your rest day.

lilac_jive, enjoy your rest day, too. I also hope that you receive good news.

Nightcrawler, have a great run.

Pinktastic, I hope that you make it outside today.

c0derunner, enjoy the seven miles.

jedigunnie26.2, the key word is almostSmile

Weights and cardio are done. I feel a bit better. In the legs, anyway. In the mood? Not so much.

I have to walk past protesters who stand outside a women's health clinic near my gym every morning. With the way I feel, if one of them approaches me, I'll probably say what my dad once told someone who was protesting vociferously outside another clinic. Gah.

LRB

Supp crew!

I got hit with a cold over the weekend that peaked yesterday and into last night.  I was feeling pretty crappy but managed to drag my ass out of bed this morning for 6 easy miles X 4 strides on the belt.

I have always worked out whenever possible when stricken with a cold, reasoning that the elevated body temps do more harm than good.  I have nothing scientific to back that up but for me, working out sure as hell beats laying around in misery any day.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!

Runners, enjoy your running. SRDers, enjoy your R's.

Phil and Jess, hope the doctor appointments go well.

LRB, hope you feel better.

As for me, 5 on tap after work. We're supposed to get some sort of wintry mix tonight but there's only a 30% chance starting at 6pm so hopefully it'll hold off long enough for me to get my run in. If not, oh well. I won't melt.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Leaving work today early, taking my poor kitty to the vet, he has an infected front paw, got bit by something or stepped on something or whatever.  Otherwise, he is doing fine.  It doesn't  seem to bother him that much, he still chases the other kitties around the house and does his normal stuff.  I was watching him last night and thinking we humans could learn a lot from them.   Here is Peanut with a sore foot, but he doesn't think he's any different because of it, he just keeps doing his thing, being a cat, doing what he always does .  My neighbor has a 3-legged dog, yet that doesn't slow him down at all, he still gets out there and goes running with her.   Next time I start having a pity party for myself because of something or other, I am going to try and remember these creatures with their "can do" habits.

After the vet, I have an appointment myself and then will be going for a run after that at Lackland Air Force Base.  Weather is crazy today!  It was 33 this morning with a feels-like of 28 and the high today will only be around 45.  Our normal 'high' for January days is usually in the low 60s.  My feels like temp this afternoon will be about 39.  BRRRR!  I hate cold weather!   At least it will be sunny, anyway.   Oh well, at least here in San Antonio, our 'cold' weather does not last too long.  By the end of next month we will be back in the 60s and 70s.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It's currently sleeting with thunder and lightening   Wow, that is a crazy weather pattern.  And I thought it was bad here in San Antonio, lol, cuz we are near freezing temp.   Stay safe, Pinktastic!

The 6 miles went fine yesterday but they were COLD.  Makes me curious, C0derunner...who here on the Dailies has the coldest temperature to deal with?   Certainly not me, living in South Texas.  Maybe Lily in Canada?  Anyone live in North Dakota?  I saw this morning on the Weather Channel, it was flippin' 8 degrees up there!  BRRRR!

Basya, I can relate to the protester crowd.  My mom worked for the Washington Post and as a kid when I would get off at the bus stop to go see her, I would have to pass "Embassy Row" to get to the Post building.  This was during the Cold War days and the Russian Embassy was along that way.  There was ALWAYS a big  crowd of protesters in front of the Soviet embassy.  Some of those folks were downright nutso.

Way to get your 6 miles in, LRB, in spite of the cold, etc.  I'm in awe....I can't do 6 "easy' miles totally healthy, lol.   Hope you feel better.

Happy running, April, hope the weather cooperates, and certainly hope you don't melt!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Spin class disaster?   I must've missed that, Kay.  Hope you are okay.  Happy pilates!

Tom...if you see animals lining up two-by-two....GET IN LINE! Wink  Hope your treadmill run went well.

Hope you get some good news at your appointment, Phil, and get on track to get back to 100% in no time!

Happy rest day, Kristin79!  I wish our darn warm spell would come back!

Good luck at your ortho appointment, lilac.  You know, for some reason I had it in my head for a time that you were Phil's better half...and then after a few postings, I realized that was incorrect, lol.

StepbyStep-SH

Who has the coffee this morning?!? I need some - evidence of which is the fact that I ruined my entire pot of coffee this morning and didn't have time to make more. I forgot to put the lid on the coffee pot, which really creates the same problem as forgetting the pot altogether - overflowed the coffee maker and got grounds everywhere. Angry The tea I had a minute to brew just isn't the same.

Taking DS to an appointment now, then heading to the Y after I drop him off at school. Plan is for 6 miles and a strength training class, though I'm not sure in what order. I may end up calling it off, though, because just when everything else feels healthy, I ended up with a strange pain and a bit of a bump on the front outside just below my right knee. If it's not one thing, it's another. Sigh. It didn't start hurting until well after yesterday's run, so I have no idea what is causing it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

Phil- Good luck at the knee doc!  We're rooting for ya!

LRB- I kind of subscribe to that philosophy too.  At least, I know I've gone for a run when I felt like I might be starting to get a cold, and by the end of the run sometimes I don't feel sick at all.  Glad you were able to get the miles in.

AFM, still have what I think is a tight hammy since my weekend LR.   Running easy last night didn't seem to make a difference one way or the other, so I'll try running again today.  Dialing back the workout a bit though.  Instead of 2x2@tempo, I'll probably do them at HMP instead, for a total of 7.5.  But that's all negotiable depending on the warm up.

Nevrgivup

Rest day from running. Swimming class tonight! Smile

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Tom...if you see animals lining up two-by-two....GET IN LINE! Wink  Hope your treadmill run went well.

Still trying to find a tape measure scaled in cubits!

No run yet - I see some broken pattern to the rain so I may just be able to "rough it" and run outside today.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Better I Leave

I will be doing 5-6 tonight when the sun goes down either outside or on the dreadmill. It all depends on the weather.

Same here, but most certainly will be the TM. Hitting the weights too.

runmomto3boys

Basya: I hope the weights/cardio go well!  I've had that restless thing before - the WORST!

Kay: Enjoy pilates today!

Gustav: Holy lifting!  I'm glad you are feeling better today!

Tom: that is a TON of rain!  I think hitting the TM is a good idea!

Kristin: You are doing the right thing, being conservative with the rest.

Phil: I have my fingers and toes crossed that you get good news at the doctor's office today.  Let us know as soon as you hear any news!

Damaris: I hope the rest/cross-training goes well.

Lilac: I hope that you also get some good news from the doc today!!!

Nightcrawler: Ooohhh, fun!  Enjoy tonight's run, whether it's inside or out.

Sarah: I hope you are able to get those 10 in today.  Sounds like some crazy weather!

LRB: Nice job powering through the cold to get in the 6 easy!

Hilary: Enjoy swimming class tonight!

9 miles w/4 at tempo pace tonight.  Going to the track to get it done.