Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES: Business in the Front, Party in the Back (Read 208 times)

delicate flower

Phil: I have my fingers and toes crossed that you get good news at the doctor's office today.  Let us know as soon as you hear any news!

Ok but I promised the wife I'd tell her first before posting on facebook or the running forum.  Big grin

<3

Better I Leave

Supp crew!

I got hit with a cold over the weekend that peaked yesterday and into last night.  I was feeling pretty crappy but managed to drag my ass out of bed this morning for 6 easy miles X 4 strides on the belt.

I have always worked out whenever possible when stricken with a cold, reasoning that the elevated body temps do more harm than good.  I have nothing scientific to back that up but for me, working out sure as hell beats laying around in misery any day.

I'll tell ya what works for me...The first "feeling" of a cold and I'm using ZiCam diligently and I take an entire day of complete bed rest. That'll usually do it for me and I'm "good to go" the following day.

Scotty, the coldest that I've seen it get here (in Maine) so far this year was -6 with a "feels like" of -17.  But that is exceptionally cold for here, not the norm!

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Docket_Rocket

I read everything but I have pleadings coming out of my ears so no shoutouts, except:

Phil, good luck at the doctor!

Carry on.  Who wants a subpoena? Wink

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hope everyone with the injuries gets healed quickly!

LRB-hope that cold doesnt keep you down for too long. My wife had the flu the entire first week of the year, luckily(knock on wood) i havent gotten it.

Damaris-no thanks on the subpoena.

i am thinking one more day of no running. The Knee and Ankle is still tender. So lets get on the stationary bike for a few miles. Oh, and the hot tub at the club afterwards........do you think they will notice white wine in a water bottle?

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

.......do you think they will notice white wine in a water bottle?

Nope.  Nor beer in a ginger ale bottle.  : : hiccup : :

Jess runs for bacon

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from the ortho, I can run!! She said basically what I knew already, it's ITB problems. The pain has been worse because it's really inflamed. I told her what I've been doing the past two weeks (ITB rehab, the video I've been doing) and she said to keep with it. I can run, but if the pain gets progressively worse during the run, stop. She has me taking a crap ton of advil for the next week and ice massage as well.

She told me it'll take two months to fully heal, and I mentioned that in a month and a half I'll be doing Disney Princess, and she said she'll be there too Smile So glad I did my research and found an ortho that runs.

So maybe Shamrock isn't out for me yet! I'm going to take it easy still but maybe, just maybe...

Pinktastic

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from the ortho, I can run!! She said basically what I knew already, it's ITB problems. The pain has been worse because it's really inflamed. I told her what I've been doing the past two weeks (ITB rehab, the video I've been doing) and she said to keep with it. I can run, but if the pain gets progressively worse during the run, stop. She has me taking a crap ton of advil for the next week and ice massage as well.

She told me it'll take two months to fully heal, and I mentioned that in a month and a half I'll be doing Disney Princess, and she said she'll be there too Smile So glad I did my research and found an ortho that runs.

So maybe Shamrock isn't out for me yet! I'm going to take it easy still but maybe, just maybe...

Lilac - this is great news!!  So happy for you!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

That's good news, lilac!

Well, I decided that I could run outside between showers. And it workedl....

.....for the first mile. Then it started raining pretty steady for the rest of the run.

But I figured that once I was out there, I might as well make a run out of it. 5 miles done, 9:13 pace. No fancy stuff, just a steady wet run. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Jess runs for bacon

Lilac - this is great news!!  So happy for you!!

Thank you pink!! All of those positive vibes you've been sending must have worked!

delicate flower

Great news, lilac!!

<3

YAYpril - B-Plus

Jess, yay! If I ever need a visit to the ortho I know who I'm going to, then.

Be careful with that ITB. And do your rehab, missy. Be diligent. Smile

I was thinking about going to the group run tomorrow. We'll have to see how the weather plays out.

@runjerseygirl

It was a fitness class ambush!!!!!  My Pilates instructor hit us with barefoot bootcamp for the first half of the class.  We were not prepared.  I think I sweat more in 15 minutes than I do on a 1 hour run.  My quads are still shaking.  I'll be feeling this one for DAYS!

Do you even run?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

lilac I'm glad you haf a positive experience with your ortho and that she gave you good news! I hope when I can finally get an ortho appointment the doctor is as helpful for me and my ITB issues! Glad you will be able to train for your Disney Princess half!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

I hope when I can finally get an ortho appointment the doctor is as helpful for me and my ITB issues!

In the interim, no running for you.  Right?