Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES: Business in the Front, Party in the Back (Read 208 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Took Peanut to the vet, nothing serious thank goodness.  Apparently he got one of his claws caught on something, pulled it askew a bit and got a slight infection in the nail-bed area.  So antibiotics for him for 2 weeks, and the vet trimmed the bad nail way down.  Now he is home sulking in our back bedroom, lol, after being dragged to the vet.

Went and ran after the appointment.  I thought it would have warmed up by noon, but it was still freakin' only THIRTY degrees  actual temp, with a really cold and gusty wind that made the 'feels like' temperature 26.  GAAAACK!  I still wore shorts, though, and I still ran outside, starting from the Lackland gym.  I am glad, however, I packed my thicker gloves and my light pull-down face-mask thingy that converts into a hat if the full facial coverage gets too warm.  I just wore it as a hat and was happy to be wearing it with that wind.  I ended up doing 3.2 miles.  Then after getting back into the gym, I went right into the sauna for a few minutes which felt great after that cold.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I read everything but I have pleadings coming out of my ears so no shoutouts, except:

Phil, good luck at the doctor!

Carry on.  Who wants a subpoena? Wink

I already got that...cuz I'm old and have shrinkage...Sad

What?  Oh...subPOENA.....never mind, then....

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy for you, Lilac, great news!  So you're really not "Mrs. Phil"?  That's probably great news for you too! Wink

Barefoot bootcamp for a Pilates class?  Is this a Marines pilates class?  Wink  Congrats on your workout, Kay.  Hope you have lots of biofreeze!

@runjerseygirl

Happy for you, Lilac, great news!  So you're really not "Mrs. Phil"?  That's probably great news for you too! Wink

Barefoot bootcamp for a Pilates class?  Is this a Marines pilates class?  Wink  Congrats on your workout, Kay.  Hope you have lots of biofreeze!

Apparently the instructor thought it was.  Owwie!

Do you even run?

LRB

I am an overpronator. I am in Nike Lunas, which are supposed to be good for that. According to the guy at the LRS who did the evaluation on me in September. They made me custom orthotics too....but I hated them. They kept my arches too high and caused severe foot spasms. I have been meaning to go back and get the orthotics redone, but the store is by my boyfriend's place. He lives 3.5 hours away, and every weekend I've been down there since I have forgotten the damn orthotics. I finally brought them down there last time, but we didn't have a chance to get to the store. But I left them at his place for next time!

I am not familiar with that shoe, but I wear the Nike Lunarglide 3 which is for overpronators.

Whatever the case, it sounds like your problem could very well be a shoe/insert/orthotic type issue, and something that deserves further examination if you hope to not only get off the bench, but stay off of it as well.

YAYpril - B-Plus

4.2 miles done. More than the zero I felt like doing.

Scotty, glad the kitty is ok. Smile

D, my best friend is a paralegal. When I visited her for my birthday (she lives in Asheville) we had a few beers in us and kept saying "would you like-a su-penis?" And for some reason we found it HYSTERICAL.

Speaking of Asheville, they have a marathon now at Biltmore. This year is inaugural - it's in March. I may have convinced the hubby to take a trip there next year. Haven't run my first marathon yet and I'm already planning my second. Yikes.

Docket_Rocket

LOL.

Glad peanut is OK.

I already got that...cuz I'm old and have shrinkage...Sad

What?  Oh...subPOENA.....never mind, then....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Anybody made a bet as to whether I ran today?Wink

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Your Bad Assness runs everyday doesn't it?  That's the word on the street anyway.

scottydawg, I'm glad that Peanut is OK.

AprilRunner, great job running, even when you didn't feel like it.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I'm not betting. You were home, you were bored. You ran. That's my guess. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Luke79

Precisely 4 miles done @ precisely 10:00 pace on the treadmill.  This weather sucks donkey balls so I'm not running in it.  I'm honestly very thankful for the TM at times like these.

Luke, nice run. You are much kinder about the TM than I.

I still can't fall asleep. I'm getting back up for another hour:/

B-Plus

lilac - That's great news!

SIAR - What an awesome progression run you had!

11.1 @ 8:12 for me. I need to figure out what I'm going to do to start getting ready for my 10k at the end of April. I took a peak at Daniels' 5k-15k again, but it seriously made my head spin.