Beginners and Beyond

FinallyFriDailies (Read 21 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

NRD. Did 24 minutes on the bike and a leg strength workout.

bluerun

Super B****

5.6 with what were supposed to be 2 @ GMP but, um... that is not going to be my MP, lovely though it would be.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

5.6 with what were supposed to be 2 @ GMP but, um... that is not going to be my MP, lovely though it would be.

Blue - you are running Boston?

Sorry but I forget... - Baboon has Hartford, Blue Boston(?). I've got Detroit. Anyone else with races coming up?

bluerun

Super B****

Blue - you are running Boston?

Sorry but I forget... - Baboon has Hartford, Blue Boston(?). I've got Detroit. Anyone else with races coming up?

Yes... hopefully for the last time, but if it blows up in my face as I suspect, I'll have to do it again in 2023, so I'm already prepared for that. SIGH.

chasing the impossible

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Yes... hopefully for the last time, but if it blows up in my face as I suspect, I'll have to do it again in 2023, so I'm already prepared for that. SIGH.

what shoes are you going with?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I had Chicago which I am lucky to be missing. Indy Monumental but that’s November. 

Pilates for me today.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

what shoes are you going with?

1400v6. Briefly considered the Speed but I'll use those for NYCM instead

chasing the impossible

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

1400v6. Briefly considered the Speed but I'll use those for NYCM instead

I'm leaning towards the Speed for Detroit but also thinking about the Pro. I think I've asked before, and you and Cy probably answered, but what are your thoughts between the two? This is my version of taper anxiety...stressing about shoes as if a pair is actually going to make me much faster (or slower)!

sdWhiskers

This is my version of taper anxiety...stressing about shoes as if a pair is actually going to make me much faster (or slower)!

At least you have control over it? The weather, not so much.

sdWhiskers

RD. Will probably go for a walk later.

delicate flower

BLUERUN:  Good luck Monday!  No pressure but we will all be stalking you on the tracker.  

I also have the Space Coast Marathon the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

I have been pretty good with my own marathon predictions that last few times and I am not afraid to put it out there, so I'll predict myself a 3:09:22 tomorrow.  Here is my rationale:

So I am looking at my current race prediction times on my Garmin, which I think are a joke, but follow me here...it shows the following times right now:

5K:  17:30.  That is 2.5 minutes too fast compared to what I can actually do right now.

10K:  36:30.  That is 5 minutes too fast.

HM:  1:20:00. That is 10 minutes too fast.

For the marathon, it says 2:46.  So following the pattern above, that 2:46 is 20 minutes too fast, which would put my current actual fitness at 3:06, which is still probably a tick optimistic, so I'll add a few minutes and choose 3:09:22.

<3

delicate flower

Oh, I ran 3.36 very easy miles this morning.  My race shoes tomorrow will be the Cheaterflys v2.0.

<3

4 flat with 3 short steepish hills at the end, still spooked about the ribs,, but the hills seem like they are stressing a ‘seam’ hams/adductor…hmmm

bluerun

Super B****

I'm leaning towards the Speed for Detroit but also thinking about the Pro. I think I've asked before, and you and Cy probably answered, but what are your thoughts between the two? This is my version of taper anxiety...stressing about shoes as if a pair is actually going to make me much faster (or slower)!

I was the one who said I vastly prefer the Speed. Not only do I seem to not get any added benefit from the Pro, but it also feels a lot softer than the Speed, and that really, really pisses off my post tib tendon.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

BLUERUN:  Good luck Monday!  No pressure but we will all be stalking you on the tracker.  

I can save you the time of tracking: I will go out at what would be a reasonable pace if I were a normal person, my knees will explode after a couple of hours, and then I will death march home!

chasing the impossible