Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #125 (Read 30 times)

Cyberic

Back on air in 3 - 2 - 1 - ...

Cyberic

Took a day off running last week but I do not feel rested at all for it. Same ol'

I am considering trying to structure my running a bit, but I know how I change my mind all the time, so it's just a thought that might not materialize

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning. RD for me. Didn't sleep at all last night which makes looking at my tiny work screen laptop fun. And I have a meeting of creditors today but fortunately at 1pm (after I wake up for sure).

Damaris

Cyberic

15.2 km (over 9 miles, less than 10) with 10 x 10s hill sprints. The first couple are always tough as I'm rusty af, but it is probably my favorite thing-running right now.

onemile

15.2 km (over 9 miles, less than 10) with 10 x 10s hill sprints. The first couple are always tough as I'm rusty af, but it is probably my favorite thing-running right now.

for extra added fun, a .1, .2. .4, .2, .1 mile ladder following the sprints - at mile effort with .1 recovery jogs

I actually like this workout too.  Strengthening + Fast running = working on my weaknesses but in small enough doses

onemile

Took a day off running last week but I do not feel rested at all for it. Same ol'

Same.

But this is supposed to be a big cutback week for me wherein I run whatever I feel like and chase a couple Strava crowns.

After 9 weeks at 70+ I don't mind to take a week "off"

LRB

Hi.

I'll be Zooming with the crew shortly as we prepare to return to work in a few days and back to a life where I spend the bulk of the day away from home. I'm going to miss this place and not having to do shit every day. This 7 week break from the grind has absolutely been the coolest thing ever in my entire 35 years as a worker bee (under some tough circumstances but besides that). I am so grateful for my employer and the management team there. They were way ahead of this thing long before it became a thing.

Anyhoo, I should probably do some strengthening stuff on my glutes this week as I'm getting some rumblings from the right side. Traditional medicine would have me stretching it, but I learned from Dr. Melissa last winter that it's the sign of a weak muscle, not a tight one. And stretching it only serves to exacerbate the problem, not solve it.

I will run later.

Bye.

Going to take a rest day. Last 3 days were 12, 4, then 6.2 + 3 yesterday. Right hams tired, Don’t want to press my luck.

.... clean garden area instead... lots of bend and stretch, crawl around on the ground

9 weeks at 70+ 

(makes mental note)

Dave

onemile

(makes mental note)

my coach said he usually does some down weeks in May before kicking off summer training so this might be a good chance for you to gain some distance on me!

I had a Zoom call last night with about a dozen people who lived on the same floor in college freshman/sophomore year. This was...1982-84. We were a really tight group and had some great times. Some of them I’ve kept in touch with, at least on FB, but some I basically have not been in contact with them since then. It was a blast.

Dave

my coach said he usually does some down weeks in May before kicking off summer training so this might be a good chance for you to gain some distance on me!

LOL. I’m not too worried about the annual mileage; I figure long term it’s probably a losing battle. But I am thinking about trying to keep things at 70+ for a while. Although 9 weeks seems like a long stretch.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

AlterG 10 + strides. Virtual PT today. My unhappy groin is going to love that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

GinnyinPA

I am considering trying to structure my running a bit, but I know how I change my mind all the time, so it's just a thought that might not materialize

Weren't you going to contact your previous coach to see if he was interested in working with you again? What happened?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Upper body strength training this morning. May do something this afternoon between doing stuff for work.