Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES Are Riding That Hump Like <insert phrase o'choice here> (Read 56 times)

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Good morning, everyone!

Today, I have a double of ab work and easy three or four miles on the TM. I've already done my push-upsSmile

I'm looking forward to testing a pair of either of the new running shoes I bought earlier this week.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Dailies!

Basaya - good luck on the new shoe test drive!

Yesterday I was feeling sore from the massage and just had a general overall feeling of tiredness. My butt was dragging and I didn't know how I would get thru the nights training class and drive home. Well I did my 2.25 mile run and became instantly revitalized! It amazes me how a run can bring me from fatigued to revitalized!

I do not run aimlessly.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

StepbyStep-SH

It's been a few months since I've seen this side of 5 a.m. intentionally, but today's schedule didn't have any other room in it for a run. Heading out shortly for 8 miles easy and hoping that most of the ice melted off the roads with yesterday's sunshine.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

@runjerseygirl

Up and out the door at 4:48 this morning (according to Garmin).  5 miles done in 51:58.  10:20 average pace.  2 miles under 10:00.  Feeling good.  Weights or yoga at lunch.  Haven't decided yet.

Time for caffeine!

How do you take your... coffee?

Do you even run?

Gustav, I'm glad that last night's run was refreshing.

Shari, have a great eight-miler.

Kay, brava having run five miles already. Enjoy weights and yoga.

I did three miles at 5.2mph (11:31). I wore the Ride5. I likeSmile Friday, I'll test the Intuition 1.5. Next week, I'll test both during marathon-pace runs.

flarunner

Mornin' folks!

Did 10 miles this morning. Felt tired. Don't know if it's from the pollen, the humidity or if I'm just worn out. Unlike Gustav, I didn't get revitalized from my run. I'm just glad it's over.

Have a great day everyone!

I've got some interval stuff tonight 6 x 400m with an easy mile or two for warmup.

Basya- good luck with the ab workout and the run  on the TM.

stepbystep- have a great run

kay- up an at it early today, good job! are those spoons describing the coffee?

have a great day everyone.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning B&B! Easy 6+ miler this morning for me. Need to take it easy today with back-to-back quality days Thurs & Fri due to kid activities this weekend. Good running all.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Had my 6am spin class this morning. Today was "strength day" so lots of simulated hills!

My second pair of new shoes arrived last night. Because I lost my mind lol. Who needs 2 pairs of the same running shoe in 2 different colors?! But it was 20% off so I jumped on it...

Have a great day!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning everyone! Tonight is a Valentine's day run at the LRS, we will stop by a bar and a chocolate store. I am trying to figure out if I should wear my new tutu or not. I really need to practice running in it for Disney Princess, but I don't want to look like a dork.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Only 2 pairs? I am rotating 5 pairs of shoes right now.Smile

Had my 6am spin class this morning. Today was "strength day" so lots of simulated hills!

My second pair of new shoes arrived last night. Because I lost my mind lol. Who needs 2 pairs of the same running shoe in 2 different colors?! But it was 20% off so I jumped on it...

Have a great day!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

BruceD555

Mornin' Dailies...

BasyaSpiliakos- Enjoy your double dip on the abs and your TM miles in the new shoes.

Gustav1- Great job on the rejuvenating run ... sometimes it really is amazing how much of a turnaround you get from running.

StepbyStep-SH- Hope your early 8 are good and you stay safe out there on the ice.

KayPS- Great job on the early 5 this morning.

flarunner- Sorry to hear you're feeling soggy still from your 10 miles. Sometimes it's just a combination of sleep, weather and wear/tear that makes a run seem to go on forever. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Sparker1606- Have a good interval workout later on today. For some reason I really don't like the 400's very much. I always feel like I'm not quite in the groove yet.

jedigunnie26.2- You have my exact problem ... I don't have a problem with remembering to run easy on easy days, it's the implementation of running easy that gives me trouble. Enjoy those EASY 6.

kristin10185-  I see nothing wrong with having the exact same pair of shoes ... even down the the color. (I've done that on more than one occasion when my favorite pair goes on liquidation) Good job on getting in the early spin class.

lilac_jive- Have a fun one tonight at the LRS Valentine's Day run. Sorry, I can't help you with the tutu ... you're on your own.Big grin

I have 14 on tap for today and we're finally supposed to have sunny skies and mid 30's for temps. I'm going to head out early from work and enjoy the sunshine for a change.

Train smart ... race smarter.

@runjerseygirl

I've got some interval stuff tonight 6 x 400m with an easy mile or two for warmup.

Basya- good luck with the ab workout and the run  on the TM.

stepbystep- have a great run

kay- up an at it early today, good job! are those spoons describing the coffee?

have a great day everyone.

Whatever they are describing, the answer would still be the same.  One of each, please!  LOL!

Do you even run?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

WEDNESDAILIES Are Riding That Hump Like A Bull Rider On An Award Winning Ride (since the San Antonio Rodeo is in full swing now for this month Big grin).   Hey, similar to bull-riders, sometimes we runners 'get thrown' on a run, but we always get back up and keep trying till we get it right.

Kick hill butt run last night!  Ran my university hill route on the university campus, usually a 3.3 mile route but I was feeling really great - the 71 degree temp, blue skies, sunshine and low dewpoint/humidity helped with that - and I ended up with 4.7 miles and added 2 more hills along the way too.  4.7 miles and 5 hills of varying size/incline.  Today will most likely be a weight training circuit day for me.  Today is also my "Friday".  I have tomorrow and Friday off as Gail and I celebrate our anniversary tomorrow - 28 years already! - and her birthday on Friday.  We don't have any really big plans, just going to spend time together, going to the gym tomorrow morning, maybe some lunch and a movie after, that, we are both volunteers on Friday for a local race's packet pickup (and each get a coupon card for a free entry into a future race, nice), and so forth.  Nothing really big, just a lot of quality time together.   And sleeping in together  on the mornings of what is normally workdays for both of us will be nice too, of course.  Big grin   Gail, btw, is loving her birthday/anniversary YMCA membership gift.  She has already done 5 different types of classes since joining.  Yesterday she got up at 5:30 a.m. and went to a 6:15 "step aerobics" class.  She came back home and whined "Oh my gawd...I am feeling the burn! This lady (the instructor) really knows her stuff and put us through the ringer...we even used light dumbbell weights at one point!"  She was complaining in a 'good way' though, I could tell she was really happy about it all.  She says she sometimes has a difficult time deciding which class to go to because there is such a variety, since the membership allows her to use ANY of the YMCAs in San Antonio (there are 12 locations in our city).   And the nice thing is I get "benefits"  too Joking from this gift, as she is really getting into great shape.  She was already in pretty darn good shape to begin with (she can powerwalk a 5K in 40 - 42 minutes) but now she is really 'firming' everything up.  I think her next present  - for me, lol - may have to be a bikini... Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt