Beginners and Beyond

WEDNESDAILIES Are Riding That Hump Like <insert phrase o'choice here> (Read 56 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Scotty...I'm not a big breakfast guy, so the morning miles on an empty stomach are pretty typical. I just had a big lunch of fish and chips and some rice, so that will get me through the evening run without trouble. I'll be hungry tonight after my run, but I guess that's kinda the point of fasting lol. I'm sure my body can find some of it's own fat to gnaw on!

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

DCDan78

Dave - Sorry to hear about the leg.  Injury is my biggest fear.

I did four this morning trying to beat the rain (which of course still hasn't begun).  Ended up doing the miles at a 9:28 pace, which once again is far below what I had planned.  I just cannot find a good way to remind myself to run easy.  But it's not like I'm sprinting these either and I'm not completely wiped at the end.

In any event, I may need to recalibrate the pace at which I do my speed work (currently 9:16 as my "5K pace").

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

ScottydawgBig grin, I've checked the mailbox after my runs before... Does that count?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hi dailies:

18.7 done, 7:14 pace.  It seemed slower than that by a lot.  Maybe if I keep my ass in gear I'll be able to run sub 3:10 in beantown, we shall see.

Basya - the new shoes felt great, they are clearance DST-17's, and very similar to the 16's that I retired.  Rick has the shiny new 18's I believe, and those look like quite a departure from the previous models.

LRB

Basya - the new shoes felt great, they are clearance DST-17's, and very similar to the 16's that I retired.  Rick has the shiny new 18's I believe, and those look like quite a departure from the previous models.

Yes, they came today.  Don't know how they feel yet but the look says get the F outta my way!

runmomto3boys

Dave: I know we spoke on FB, but I'll mention it here too: I am so sorry and I am hoping there are no fractures.  Fingers crossed!

Jay: That was a nutso run!  Fantastic speed!!!!!

SIAR: Another great run for you too, on tired legs nonetheless!  Well done!

DC Dan: I have that same trouble myself at times!  You ran at  a nice clip, though!

LRB: Great speed there!  I know what you mean - I'm ready to get outside too!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hi dailies:

18.7 done, 7:14 pace.  It seemed slower than that by a lot.  Maybe if I keep my ass in gear I'll be able to run sub 3:10 in beantown, we shall see.

You've definitely got the speed to run 3:10 in my book, so I'm guessing you're worried about the endurance? Great run again.

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Very busy day and I have not even been at the office since 2pm, but yet, I'm on the road, on the phone, and hard at work.  I think I need to take Sammy to the vet because she's had one eye closed off since 6am.  So, no happy hour for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runmomto3boys

Hi dailies:

You ran a 3:02 or something in your last race, right?  You've got sub-3:10 in the bag, you goose!

Docket_Rocket

^^What the goose called said!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

2.9 better than nothing miles.  I'm thankful to have the ability to run 2.9 miles, just disappointed that Due to continued bad weather I wasn't able to do twice that.  It is what it is...

Running for TJ because he can't.

Got my run in after work, 8.34 miles. Very nice, warmed up to 36 -- first time without a hat & gloves in quite a while. And since most of the paths are now cleared off, I found it's amazing how much faster you can go you're not running on snow & ice....

Dave

BruceD555

Finished my 14 MLR and felt good throughout. Of course I ran it faster than I meant to do but it just felt easy running outside in the sunshine.

Train smart ... race smarter.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

5 more pleasant and chatty miles with the running group. Nice running all you evening folk!

YAYpril - B-Plus

The group run was super fun. Jess looked adorable in her tutu. Smile I drank alcohol in the middle of a run for the first time ever - a cookie dough martini shot. Then ate a chocolate covered strawberry a couple blocks later. Yum