Beginners and Beyond

Need socks, any ideas? (Read 96 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I thought I loved the

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11755417&locale=en_US&clickid=prod_cs

and a Reebok brand that are multi-colored but I can't remember the name.

But I've only had them for 3 weeks and each pair already has a hole coming through near my first and second toe Sad

So any ideas or advice? I like low cut, and for some reason I really like the multi-color or different colored socks (but they don't have to be if they are good and won't wear out quickly).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

RSX

How do you go through socks so quickly? For daily runs I buy a bag of New Balance dry socks. For long runs I pay $10 a pair. Right now I wear either Aesics or Reebok ones for them.

delicate flower

I guess you get what you pay for.  $19 for six pairs is cheap for running socks, especially considering the abuse they go through.  I buy light Adidas socks from Costco for everyday gym use.  They are about the same price as the UA ones and I go through them pretty quickly.  For my running socks though, I buy the $10-a-pair Balega socks.  I've only busted through the toe a couple of times and after tons of miles.  I have actually lost more of those socks due to the dog getting a hold of them and chewing them up.  WHEN WILL I LEARN!

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That is true, they were cheap Undecided, I was distracted by the colors.

I just purchased these to try out:

2 pairs of these: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-SWPUSZ.html#

3 pairs of these: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-BHCF12.html#

one pair of these:

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-SWPULMC.html#

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Hip Redux

I am a huge smartwool fan and I only run in wool socks.   They have different thickness/styles - I find some work better than others for certain activities.    But I have some that are 2-3 years old and are still going strong.

Village people

I have some Balega socks, they are my favorite.

Mostly harmless

I developed blisters after using some inexpensive socks and bought some Thorlo socks after they were recommended by someone.  I've been running exclusively in these for a couple years now and have been blister free.

https://www.thorlo.com/socks/xccu/132

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I've got 6 pairs from Fitsok and they have done very well. I have 3 pair of the CF2 and 3 pair of the F4. They were spendy but they haven't worn. Pretty neat little socks, I'll probably go back.

- Andrew

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Check out Darn Tough Socks

Made in the USA, Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee.  Expensive, and don't lose one, but a quality product.

I bought these for Christmas presents for everyone and they have become everyone's favorite socks.  I have several pairs to run in and several pairs to wear with work boots...never an issue.

**Ask me about streaking**

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

+1 for Balega's although I struggle to pay $9 for one pair of socks.  I have had good luck with a regular low cut running sock from Dicks, 3 pair for I think $12 or so.  What I would recommend is making sure the socks fit well.  Loose will bring on blisters, too tight will wear through the toes.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Check out Darn Tough Socks

Made in the USA, Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee.  Expensive, and don't lose one, but a quality product.

I bought these for Christmas presents for everyone and they have become everyone's favorite socks.  I have several pairs to run in and several pairs to wear with work boots...never an issue.

And they have pretty ones too!

PRs

racecat

Goddess of the Cuisine

I bought a three-pack of Asics socks at an expo and have not been disappointed. Mine look like these, only the socks I got were solid colors. I would buy them again.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-AWILSW.html

I also have a pair of DeFeet socks I like to wear for running.

In transit, arriving on time. 

Love the Half

I'm a cheapskate and buy the "And1" brand at Wal-Mart.  About 10 bucks for a 3 pack as I recall.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

delicate flower

I'm a cheapskate and buy the "And1" brand at Wal-Mart.  

Are you a baller?

<3

B-Plus

Are you a baller?

I thought you were being sarcastic but then I realized you said baller not balla.