Beginners and Beyond

Need socks, any ideas? (Read 96 times)

Queen Of The Race Report

I like the feetures ones, and I have no real idea how much they are because I get all my socks from race swag bags. The expensive ones, anyway.

There's another pair I really like that I got at an expo, but I'm not at home. I think they were about $10 a pair. But if you're gross like me, you can always just wear them all week before washing them. SORRY I'M NOT SORRY.

Blog: http://runstaceyrun.tumblr.com/
    Contact Info: LiveJournal/DailyMile/Twitter: staceyloobug
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/staceypurpura

PRs: Marathon: 4:54:31 | 1/2 Marathon: 1:58:24 | 10K: 1:01:45 | 5-Mile: 46:04 | 5K: 27:01 | Longest Run: 26.2 Miles
    43 Races: (21) 5Ks | (2) 5-Milers | (3) 10Ks | (16) Half Marathons | (1) Full Marathon

Revenge of the Nerd

I wear Injinji mini-crew toe socks.  The mini-crew has enough length that I can flip them to wear on either foot - in spite of the heel - extending their lifespan.  They do have a multi-colored, striped version.

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wear Injinji mini-crew toe socks.  The mini-crew has enough length that I can flip them to wear on either foot - in spite of the heel - extending their lifespan.  They do have a multi-colored, striped version.

Do they have regular sock options? My web toes will not allow me to wear toe socks Sad

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Luke79

10 pack of black no-show socks from Target works for me.

Socks and breathing....overthink them, you should not.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

I can run in just about any sock without worries but I still like my tech socks.  I have a bunch of UA heatgear socks at home right now that I really like unless its insanely hot out.  My feet sweat badly in them when its hot out and I get pools of sweat in my shoes by the end of a long run.

I have some Nike dryfits that are nice as well.  I had a pair of Powersocks that I got for free at 1 of the Chicago marathon expo's that I liked except they did not last.  Had to darn them a few times until the whole arch finally ripped out on 1 of them.

I aim to spend $5-6 tops per pair of running socks.

LRB

I wear the Champion C9 brand socks from Target for everyday use and runs, which for me is a pretty decent sock with arch support.  For races, I wear a basic Nike cushioned sock that has arch support as well.

I guess I am one of those people who can wear a standard sock without any issues.  Heck, I actually bought a three-pack of fancy smancy running socks made by Saucony once, but ended up giving them to my kids after one run because they kept falling off of my heel and into the shoe.

The C9 line also makes decent running tops and jackets.

RSX

Do they have regular sock options? My web toes will not allow me to wear toe socks Sad

I have the same problem and always laugh when someone tries to sell them to me at expos. Next time I will ask if they can find a pair that works for me.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I wear DryMax from RoadRunnerSports.com.

But recently I discovered Under Armour ones that are a lot thinner for warm weather running and come in really fun colors like hot pink and neon green

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Dreamn

I like Balega for race day but wear Asics for daily runs.  I don't know their name, they're 3 in a pack for like $9.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I thought I could wear just about any socks..but it appears not these or maybe I need to check my toe nails Undecided

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Better I Leave

I wear DryMax from RoadRunnerSports.com.

I have those. I like'em too. I also use REI brand "no show" socks. They're very durable, good wicking, comfy. Smile

flarunner

I like the feetures ones, and I have no real idea how much they are because I get all my socks from race swag bags. The expensive ones, anyway.

Feetures! are about $16 a pair. With a lifetime guarantee.

Had a pair that just got a hole in the toe after ~9 months of use. Sent them an email. They told me that model of sock was discontinued and then they sent me not one, but two pairs of the newer model.

Feetures! socks rock!

LRB

..but it appears not these or maybe I need to trim my toe nails Undecided

FYP!

You walked right into that one by the way.  Cool

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I checked 'em and they're short and good, so that can't be it..... maybe I should completely remove them? Clown

PRs

I like these. Too bad Puma makes junk for running shoes.