Beginners and Beyond

Shout it out WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

happylily

Yeah because when he is running, he hardly spends any time on the forums.

In any case I believe this was a previously announced self-imposed week off prior to starting MT.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

Morning, all! Glorious 60* this morning - felt fabulous! And the national weather service says next week should be cooler than usual temps - maybe not great for those who like to spend July at the pool, but for me as a runner, and for all the people who will be showing livestock at the county fair next week, you couldn't ask for a better forecast.

10.13 miles this morning at easy pace. I had forgotten how quickly Pfitz demands double-digit midweek runs. Perhaps that was the reason I left him for a while to create my own training plans.

Which plan are you doing, Shari? I miss Pfitz already... And I agree with you regarding the weather. If it only could be around 70F all year round I would be in weather heaven. No more of that two extremes crap.

StepbyStep-SH

Which plan are you doing, Shari? I miss Pfitz already... And I agree with you regarding the weather. If it only could be around 70F all year round I would be in weather heaven. No more of that two extremes crap.

I'm doing 18/55 plus. I add a recovery run on his second rest day and sometimes bump the distance on the shortest runs to peak around 60-65, instead of just 55.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

I miss Pfitz already

What do you miss about Pfitz? Just the familiarity, or something specific?

Dave

LRB

In any case I believe this was a previously announced self-imposed week off prior to starting MT.

Yeah I have only mentioned it twenty-two times already. lol

Docket_Rocket

Yeah because when he is running, he hardly spends any time on the forums.

I must have missed it.  And LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I must have missed it.  

Inevitable risk of trying to keep up with 72 different forums & user groups....

Dave

happylily

What do you miss about Pfitz? Just the familiarity, or something specific?

I guess it really is the familiarity. But so far I don't like having to run 10 miles immediately the day after my Sunday's LR. Also, I find Hanson is encouraging me to run my easy runs much easier than I'm used to (which I really dislike), but he has few real recovery runs like Pfitz has (Pfitz usually will have 2x6 miles at recovery pace, which I liked after my harder workouts). The Hansons recovery runs I did see are at least 8 miles, which is way too long for me. I'd rather hit my head repeatedly on a wall than run 8 miles or longer at true recovery pace. But I am only in week 4 of 20 of Hanson and I haven't really looked at the rest of the plan (I'm a take it as it comes kind of runner. Not much into extreme planning of things), so maybe I will change my mind later. Anyway, I think I was due for a change...

happylily

I'm doing 18/55 plus. I add a recovery run on his second rest day and sometimes bump the distance on the shortest runs to peak around 60-65, instead of just 55.

You certainly have the experience for a well-padded 18/55 plan. You'll do great on it.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! I brought DD to a little park festival last night. She had fun in the bounce house and going down the slide. I tried my hand at Montezuma's revenge by going across the monkey bars. I made it fine, but at the end I smacked my shin in to something quite solid. It's very tender there right now, but it doesn't effect my running or walking.

Speaking of running, today was a heck of a workout. I'll cut and paste from my log.

1E + 5x (1T + 1 min E) + 4x (200R + 200 jg) + 1E

Tempo miles were: 7:34, 7:33, 7:32: 7:43 and 7:31. Fourth one was long because I needed to wait for a car. Lost about 10 seconds. Goal was 7:33

Rep intervals were: 50, 49, 50, 48. Goal was 48.

In total it was 8.67 miles at an 8:05 avg pace. Also did a 30 second plank for Day 3 of the 30 day challenge.

- Andrew

I'd rather you were a couple hundred miles up on me and running healthy.

You & me both!

I am so itching to get back on the horse. I have been sticking to running only 2 of every 3 days, and feeling OK. Either this means I am ready to step it up, or it means the limited schedule is what is keeping me healthy. One of these two things. 

Dave

delicate flower

Speaking of running, today was a heck of a workout. I'll cut and paste from my log.

1E + 5x (1T + 1 min E) + 4x (200R + 200 jg) + 1E

I am guessing some folks here know WTF this means?

<3

I tried my hand at Montezuma's revenge by going across the monkey bars.

Um, what does this term mean to you?

Dave

Well I first thought he was deriving some thermodynamic equations. Then I sort of figured it out, assuming it is Daniels-related.

Dave

LRB

Yes, that's whole hearted yumminess, you know, like grits and eggs. 

And next time Drew hit the pause button man!