Beginners and Beyond

US Largest Cemetery Race- RR (Read 95 times)

Love the Half

Pacing strategy for a 5K.

Mile 1 - Run hard as hell.

Mile 2 - Beat yourself up for running Mile 1 so damn hard.

Mile 3 - Pray for someone to shoot you in the kneecaps so you'll feel better.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Don't call me Buttercup!

Congrats on the PR, and STOP CALLING YOURSELF SLOW!! =)   You did great!

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

happylily

Excellent, Coralie! Congratulations on the PR! Keep up the great work, you'll sub-30:00 in no time! And what a cool race. Smile I love your pictures, thanks for sharing them with us!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats Coralie.  I'm going to have to try a cemetary race here. It's a Halloween race

Pinktastic

Way to go, Coralie!!  Look at how far you've come!!  Congrats on your PR and keep up the hard work!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

fitfatboy

More cowbell!

Congrats Coralie!  Keep after it and sub-30 will be yours.

STILL HAVING FUN!!!

hog4life

Congrats on the PR! I would love to come down to do that run, it looks so cool. The pic of you is fantastic, and you sure don't look obese to me.

Mostly harmless

Thanks for the RR and congrats! A PR by more than 5 minutes in a 5K race is huge! Going sub 30 is well within your reach.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Sloooow.

B-Plus- I think it would be a lot different if it was a nice race! Cemeteries feel a lot different when it light and full of other people.

Jack- I am trying, I swear! I used to get up around 11, I've got it down to 9am. Partner leaves for work in the morning at 7:30, so I only need to knock back another few hours, lol.

Zelanie- I really don't think I will! I do need some of your optimism though, will keep your posted Smile

Bozydeco- It was very cool, I'd love to do it again!

RabbitChaser- I'm hopeful that the more weight I lose, the easier running will be. Thank you!

LtH- I do like your 5K strategy, it's almost legendary. I definitely lose the will to live in the second mile, but I pushed myself further this time.

Di- Thank you! I just feel like I'm plodding along a lot of the time, but I'm very happy with my splits.

Happylily- Thanks so much!

Jerry- Thank you, it was a very interesting race, lots to look at.

Pinktastic- Thank you!

Fitfatboy- It's definitely going to be my goal over the summer, thanks!

Hog4Life- I told myself when I was 275, that I didn't look too bad. I was tall, I "carried the weight well", so I know my thinking is flawed. I'm 211 now, 2lbs until an overweight BMI. Might sound weird, but I feel normalish in public. We live in a high obesity state. It's when I'm around athletic people, like at races, that I realise how huge I am. It's tough, but it's motivating.

NotScott- Thank you! I'm hopeful.

onemile

Congrats!  That looks like a very cool course.

Zentastic

Chasing Rainbows

Congrats on the PR!  What an interesting course!  If I was in NOLA I'd want to race it.

The obstacle is the path. - Zen proverb

YAYpril - B-Plus

Congratulations on the PR!

FYI, I ran a 33:36 5k in May of 2011 and in October 2011 I ran a 30:01 (yes, that hurt) - and 29:53 on New Year's Eve. Keep at it and you can surely get sub-30 by the fall. Smile

Cute picture, too!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Darn and here I thought the largest US cemetery was Congress, with all the dead weight in there....

Congrats on your race, Coralie, you did great!  Nice photo, love the socks!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Just B.S.

Congrats!! Great job!

I volunteered on the weekend for a race on an airport tarmac (sans flights). I ran it 3 years ago

( volunteered the last 2 years because it's the weekend before my marathon).  I like doing races

in odd or unusual places. I would love to do a race thru a graveyard. Very cool.

LRB

That is a long way to drive for a 5k, twice!  I have run through a cemetery during an event as well, they are cool.

As far as race reports, it's all about the experience, not the speed and you did just fine thank you very much!