Beginners and Beyond

Boston explosions (Read 319 times)

Hip Redux

I heard it was inrelated.

Suspect - 20 yr old Saudi national. Was caught in less than two hours. He in hospital.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

I got that from the police commissioner news conference - I assume he had correct info?

I got that from the police commissioner news conference - I assume he had correct info?

Heck I don't know. I just hope that no more people die from this and hope that the injured heal quickly.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Just B.S.

One of our local runners was pulled off the course just 800 feet from the finish line.

MothAudio

Thank God all of you are ok. Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

One of our local runners was pulled off the course just 800 feet from the finish line.

Not to make light of this, but how do you log this in a journal?

Me and my son were watching the news. He saw the guy go down and my 5 yr old son said, oh man he was almost finished.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

mucknort

Thoughts and prayers to all involved and glad to hear safe reports from our own that are there.

GinnyinPA

What a horror!  I'm sick and saddened by this tragedy.  Knowing people who were there makes it feel very personal.

Jess runs for bacon

Just listening to the news coverage talking about the "easiness" of an attack like this, considering the distance, spectators, number of bags, etc. I am thinking after this the days of mega races are going to be over.

Hip Redux

Just listening to the news coverage talking about the "easiness" of an attack like this, considering the distance, spectators, number of bags, etc. I am thinking after this the days of mega races are going to be over.

I think they'll just up security.   Ball games, concerts, etc - any place people congregate can be a target.   I imagine we'll see more restrictions on spectators for events like this but I don't see them getting rid of big races all together.

Learningdaily

Fibromyalgia Fighter

I am just heartsick. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by today's senseless tragedy.  Glad to hear our peeps are checking in and accounted for.

Relentless forward progress

Jess runs for bacon

I think they'll just up security.   Ball games, concerts, etc - any place people congregate can be a target.   I imagine we'll see more restrictions on spectators for events like this but I don't see them getting rid of big races all together.

Oh I don't think they will get rid of them. I think people will think twice before going to a big race like this. I know I will. I think you may see them reduce entry numbers as well.

just heard the police are saying they do not have anyone in custody.

This happened on what's also Israel's Memorial Day for fallen members of its armed forces victims of terrorism. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I've gone through such a range of emotions from sickness and sadness to rage and anger.  I had to run 5 miles across town to get my car, and just running right now is extremely emotional.  I'm so glad that we've been able to account for some people.  I continue to pray for everyone involved.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Nevrgivup

I'm ok. Just in shock. Saw some really bad stuff. Still in shock. It is just awful. I'm staying at my brothers tonight. So glad that many of you are ok. So sad.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Hip Redux

I'm ok. Just in shock. Saw some really bad stuff. Still in shock. It is just awful. I'm staying at my brothers tonight. So glad that many of you are ok. So sad.

Big hugs to you.  Sad