Beginners and Beyond

Boston explosions (Read 319 times)

Docket_Rocket

I read the same thing.

This has come across my Facebook feed:

<Race Shirt Tuesday> (copied) A movement is sweeping across social media - to show your support, wear a race shirt tomorrow. Let the world know, we stand with our runners, volunteers, medics, supporters, race directors and anyone else who is a part of our great support. While it will not change what happened today - we can rally together to heal.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Trying to figure out how I can wear a race shirt and not break our company's dress code.

Jen16226

This has come across my Facebook feed:

<Race Shirt Tuesday> (copied) A movement is sweeping across social media - to show your support, wear a race shirt tomorrow. Let the world know, we stand with our runners, volunteers, medics, supporters, race directors and anyone else who is a part of our great support. While it will not change what happened today - we can rally together to heal.

Nice.

Goals for 2013:

Run 10K Race- ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Run HM

RACES:

2-9 Kittanning Rotary Club 5K 44:38 on ice UGH

3-9 New Port Richey, Fl Pasco Challenge 10K- 1:22:55

5-12 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure 5K

7-6 Ford City Heritage Days 5K

8-4 Pittsburgh Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon

9-29 Richard S.Caliguri City of Pittsburgh Great Race 5K

Jen16226

Trying to figure out how I can wear a race shirt and not break our company's dress code.

I just started thinking the same thing.  We have auditor's in.  I figure it will be a slacks, race T and button down kind of day.

Goals for 2013:

Run 10K Race- ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Run HM

RACES:

2-9 Kittanning Rotary Club 5K 44:38 on ice UGH

3-9 New Port Richey, Fl Pasco Challenge 10K- 1:22:55

5-12 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure 5K

7-6 Ford City Heritage Days 5K

8-4 Pittsburgh Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon

9-29 Richard S.Caliguri City of Pittsburgh Great Race 5K

mucknort

This one feels even more personal, since I'm a runner, and this was done to runners.

The side note about one of the fatalities being an 8 year old child is incredibly sad, but while listening to a Boston radio station they mentioned how a large group of families from the Newtown Massacre was sitting near the finish line as an honorary thing. Just what they needed to be exposed to.

LRB

Wear a medal or display a race bib at your work station instead.

I'm wearing my Jerusalem Marathon t-shirt to work tomorrow. I can't be too fancy. I work with little kids.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Wear a medal or display a race bib at your work station instead.

My first HM was on September 11, 2011. The medal is shaped like a ribbon. I'll wear that one. Good idea, thanks.

Proofreader

I haven't posted here in ages (if I ever did). But I'm thanking God that my friends from RWOL are physically safe. I can't imagine the horror some of you witnessed, and I hope the psychic scars heal in time. ((((HUGS))))

Luke79

I can't say anything new at this point, but you guys are my running brothers and sisters.  I'm glad everyone that was at Boston from our group is well, and I like the race shirt idea.  I'll be wearing one to work tomorrow night.

Peace.  Like, for real.

B-Plus

Maybe I'll wear my Boston jacket if I can find a way to make it work with biz casual.

cmb4314

I just want to puke.  I'm not sure if races are ever going to feel quite the same again.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Jen2011

I think today is the first time that I feel I am a runner. In the past year I have logged about 1000 miles. The miles didn't make me a runner, but being part of something bigger than myself does.

You runners are awesome. I am so glad to be one.

+1

Tomas, I felt the same way.

I'm glad you are all safe!

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

TxDiverMom

I guess I'm somewhat of a rebel (or maybe just a Texan), but I will take a little less safety for a little more freedom any day.  To me, when we let them infringe on our freedoms and activities, they win!

im thankful there weren't more deaths!

Oh I don't think they will get rid of them. I think people will think twice before going to a big race like this. I know I will. I think you may see them reduce entry numbers as well.

just heard the police are saying they do not have anyone in custody.

TxDiverMom

I completely 2nd this. I've been praying since I heard. I can't imagine what it was like for those there and especially Hillary!

I am so very happy to hear from so many of you that you are okay.  Nevergiveup, thanks for all you did today for your fellow human.  I pray for comfort and healing for everyone who was touched.