Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Tumble Into Tuesday! (Read 42 times)

hog4life

Cool. I just did my planned 6x800 intervals at hm pace. I had no idea what a 7:40 pace is so I just ran and they ended up being around 7:20 each. I was just listening to the garmin to beep. The whole run was 5.83 miles in a steady rain and it felt good!

Nice! Were you starting to get tired on the last 800? Like maybe you couldn't, or might have trouble finishing it?

I did a lot of my runs a bit faster too.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hog: my legs were feeling it at the end, but my breathing was good. I had not run "fast" in a while. I did a mile cool down at 9:30 or so and that felt good. Only nine weeks and five days to go!

hog4life

Hog: my legs were feeling it at the end, but my breathing was good. I had not run "fast" in a while. I did a mile cool down at 9:30 or so and that felt good. Only nine weeks and five days to go!

Good deal, you're gonna rock your half too. Don't be afraid to back off the speed a little if things start feeling wonky. Or at least that's what I did, seemed to work for me.

Dad on the run.

Awood - Make sure you still upload your runs to Nike plus though even though you have a Garmin now. That's what I do. You are one of the few friends I have on there that update their runs on a regular basis.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Awood - Make sure you still upload your runs to Nike plus though even though you have a Garmin now. That's what I do. You are one of the few friends I have on there that update their runs on a regular basis.

Maybe I can actually track race data now.  Almost every month I'm missing runs either because I didn't want to wear it for a race, or I just had a strange Nike+ snafoo and I didn't want to keep a 168 mile run from Indiana to Montreal. You'll have to tell me how to do that once I finally get it.  I'm hoping it will be here when I get back from Iowa Friday.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

What I deduced is that I'm just a hot mess lol. Hoping he can fix me!

Well, I don't know about the mess part, but I agree with the hot part, all right! Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

oh scotty too kind Tongue

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to