Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 30 times)

LRB

Now that scare the shit out of your pet day has come and gone, maybe there will be peace tonight. Oh I'm sure there will be a few stragglers, but hopefully nothing like the nonsense we had last night. It literally smelled like the sky was burning there were so many people shooting them off.

Anyway, it seems like a Monday so I want to take a rest day but the calendar says it's not so I shall jog. Somewhere...

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Congrats to DaveP on his AG win yesterday, and all the other racers!  Color me jealous.

I did 20/3 miles of fog.  It's back to work for me, and I'm good with that.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Travel day. So much more to see here. Definitely considering returning for another Canadian trail race.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Back at the office and the AC is still not working (2 weeks and counting).  Good thing we have been doing casual weeks until this shit resolves itself.  It does not helps that it feels like 94F outside.  This afternoon should be fun.

10 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Hi, friends!  I don't want to be at work today, and I won't want to be at work tomorrow.  I was going to get up early to get my run in, but I stayed in bed and have no regrets...I need to bank up some extra sleep with a goal race this weekend.  Will run tonight!

<3

delicate flower

I need to find a 5K and/or 10K to run, so today's work day will be spent doing that.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

15 trainer miles, 3.25 AlterG miles.  Back at work and really, really, really pissed about it.  (At some point it just gets ridiculous.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I ran 11 with 8x1k. Was supposed to start a little slower than 10k pace and try to get faster. It was pretty rough.

onemile

Now that scare the shit out of your pet day has come and gone, maybe there will be peace tonight. Oh I'm sure there will be a few stragglers, but hopefully nothing like the nonsense we had last night. It literally smelled like the sky was burning there were so many people shooting them off.

Anyway, it seems like a Monday so I want to take a rest day but the calendar says it's not so I shall jog. Somewhere...

This was my first 4th of July with Gracie and she is my first dog who is afraid of the fireworks.  We were outside in the early evening and one went off and she ran to the door and spun in circles until I let her in the house.  Then she refused to go outside to potty before bed.  But she was completely fine once inside. Just scared to be outside.

Last year I took Bruno and Mayzie to the fireworks... the both acted like they couldn't hear/see any of it until the finale and Bruno lit up and wanted to go after and attack it lol

I need to find a 5K and/or 10K to run, so today's work day will be spent doing that.

Sounds like you may finally have a productive day at work.

6 miles.

Dave

I ran 11 with 8x1k. Was supposed to start a little slower than 10k pace and try to get faster. It was pretty rough.

Dave

Zelanie

Zoe is scared of fireworks but not too bad. We stayed home and watched Interstellar (finally ffs) really loud and kept her company. They were setting off mortars right outside our window. Mia just went to sleep and didn't care.

Today I am in Portland at the ortho vet for Zoe's knee. Hoping to know soon what the next steps are.

delicate flower

Sounds like you may finally have a productive day at work.

Just waiting for Coach to chime in with his thoughts.  If he says just stick to training, so be it.  He has me doing mid-week triathlons though, so I don't imagine he'll object to a weekend 5K.

<3

LRB

This was my first 4th of July with Gracie and she is my first dog who is afraid of the fireworks.  We were outside in the early evening and one went off and she ran to the door and spun in circles until I let her in the house.  Then she refused to go outside to potty before bed.  But she was completely fine once inside. Just scared to be outside.

Last year I took Bruno and Mayzie to the fireworks... the both acted like they couldn't hear/see any of it until the finale and Bruno lit up and wanted to go after and attack it lol

He's hilarious!

LRB

15 trainer miles, 3.25 AlterG miles.  Back at work and really, really, really pissed about it.  (At some point it just gets ridiculous.)

I would say beyond ridiculous but am not sure if that's redundant and do NOT want to incur the wrath of you know who.