Beginners and Beyond

PSA for the ladies (Read 572 times)

LRB

I also have never had to use this stuff. At least you have found something to help. Ouch.

I didn't either, until my long runs got into the teens.  Nothing like what Julian had to deal with though.  I would've given up running.  Smile

CrisRuns

I really, really, really, really, hope to be able to run long enough to have this problem again. And... Despite my age, I have some short shorts too.

CrisRuns

I really, really, really, really, hope to be able to run long enough to have this problem again. And... Despite my age, I have some short shorts too.

LRB

I really, really, really, really, hope to be able to run long enough to have this problem again....

+1

Being on the bench has a way of clearing up your perspective doesn't it!

CrisRuns

+1

Being on the bench has a way of clearing up your perspective doesn't it!

Absolutely. I see chafing as a blessing at the moment.

@runjerseygirl

Well, it does heal faster than most injuries.  I feel for anyone who is sidelined.

Absolutely. I see chafing as a blessing at the moment.

Do you even run?

SusanRachel

If I wear shorter shorts (2" inseam), they ride up.  I have a tough time finding longer shorts made for ladies, so I usually wind up in the guys section buying guys 4" inseam shorts.  That's pretty long being as I am 5'1" when I stretch, but they don't ride up at all.  When I do that, I have no chafage issues and don't need body glide.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, I'm not a lady, but I can be 'girly' at times. Joking

Personally, I think Body Glide is a big rip-off, price is way too much for what you get.  I find that by using Right Guard gel-type antiperspirant/deodorant, it works just as well as Body Glide and is also about $5 cheaper.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I never needed any anti-chafe until I turned 38..... age related?  perhaps.  But it's not body fat related because that's lower now than before.

BIG FAN of all of it - body glide, chamois butt'r, Mission products etc

notimeforthat

Blessedly never had issues with my legs....but I am religious about Chamois Buttr and the Mission body glide when I use my wetsuit in a swim.

Anomalous

I agree! However, I switched to Mission 5 Hour.

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi