Beginners and Beyond

My Turkey Trot RR...PR, pics (copy and pasted from the RWBF) (Read 203 times)

tracilynn

Great job girlie!  Love the sparkle skirt!  

~~~~~~~

Traci

Zelanie

Great job on your races and thanks for reposting here!  Is Morris, NJ the same as Morristown?  I lived in Kinnelon for middle school and high school.

I loved reading your reports and all of the drama that went into your races!  You look so strong and focused in your pictures!  I bet the calves are just not used to the faster pace- maybe with time that will even out?  In any case, congrats on the new PR!

I think that's the color of sparkle skirt that I want to get when I get mine!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Great job on your races and thanks for reposting here!  Is Morris, NJ the same as Morristown?  I lived in Kinnelon for middle school and high school.

I loved reading your reports and all of the drama that went into your races!  You look so strong and focused in your pictures!  I bet the calves are just not used to the faster pace- maybe with time that will even out?  In any case, congrats on the new PR!

I think that's the color of sparkle skirt that I want to get when I get mine!

NJ likes to make people confused.... the race was in Morris Township, NJ which is different than Morristown, NJ but is RIGHT NEXT TO IT haha. You're a Jersey girl? That's pretty awesome. I don't live in NJ anymore, I live in NYC now (Brooklyn specifically) but I grew in NJ and I chose to run a Turkey Trot closer to my parents to make it easier to get there for Thanksgiving dinner after the race.

I loved all the patterned Sparkle Skirts but figured that color was the most versatile...and I loved the bling on it. I will get another one with a cool pattern eventually I think Smile

I don't know what's wrong with my calves but I wish it would stop. They used to cramp anytime I would run over a mile....but with a good warm-up and calf compression sleeves they don't do it very often anymore, this race was the first time they'd cramped up in awhile. The faster pace may be the culprit. Hopefully as I keep running this will stop. I've only been at this a few months so they may still be getting used to running? Not sure.....

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

musician79

Congrats on the shiny new PR! Smile

Misty

Great job!! Love the pics too Smile

Misty

Bless your heart.