Beginners and Beyond

Up and at 'em Saturdailies! (Read 35 times)

delicate flower

'Morning!  It is way too early to be awake on a Saturday.  But that's what happens when you sign up for an 8:00 race that's an hour away.  In my case, that would be a 5K.  I'll hit the road as soon as I finish my oatmeal.

What's everyone got going on today??

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Apparently, it's not too early for my 11-year-old, who has the uncanny knack of only sleeping in on weekdays.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

GC100k

'Morning!  It is way too early to be awake on a Saturday.  But that's what happens when you sign up for an 8:00 race that's an hour away.  In my case, that would be a 5K.  I'll hit the road as soon as I finish my oatmeal.

What's everyone got going on today??

Saturday, Sunday, any day, I couldn't sleep past 5 AM if you paid me to. The rest of my family likes to sleep in.

My teenage girls need to get 65 hours each in driving time to get their license, so my plan today, if I can get everyone up and going, is to have them and their older brother drive my wife and me about an hour away to a rail trail. Then we run while they do a track workout somewhere and then pick us up on the other end a couple hours later. Sounds perfect to me but the odds of that all happening are not that great to be honest.

Half Crazy K 2.0

It's way too early. DH has a Shriner's event, so I am driving him there & back.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 37 preoccupied miles this morning.  I was planning on a big ride, but my A/C quit working last night.  Even though it was (and still is) too early to get anyone up here to check it out, I came on home because thinking about it was ruining my ride.  Our HVAC unit is 21 years old, and I somewhat expect to have to bury it today.  That will be as much $ as a full carbon bike and a few pairs of shoes.  It could be worse, but it's still harshing my mellow.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

LRB

What is all of this noise coming out of my computer.

LRB

I rarely run before 9:00 am on the weekends, but the rain is a coming, so if I don't get out of here quick, I'm wet toast.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I rarely run before 9:00 am on the weekends, but the rain is a coming, so if I don't get out of here quick, I'm wet toast.

I'm pretty much the opposite as I like to have my running done by 9:00, especially when it gets warmer.

Today I ran 2 miles with the early-rising son, and then went up the hill and back for another 4.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, I would be done by 9am when I used to run outside, but mostly because I would burst on fire if I run that late. Wink

Morning!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Getting up at 5:30 am specifically to run 5 days a week, 12 months out of the year leads to a general feeling of no, no and hell no when it comes to running "early" on Saturday and Sunday. The exception is marathon race training during the months of late July through August. I can jog an hour or so just fine, but running anything longer than 8 or 9 miles and/or quality work and I weep like a pussy willow in the heat, or is that pussy like a weeping willow. lol

delicate flower

8:00 race that's an hour away.  In my case, that would be a 5K. 

MILESTONE RESULTS:  18:53 race time!

• My first sub-19 5K
                        • A 10 second PR
                        • My first time puking after finishing a race

Finished 3rd out of, I am guessing, 150 overall.  My Garmin is a couple clicks short of a 5K (3.05 miles), but oddly enough my last PR had the same distance.  Certified course though, so I am counting it.  Definitely some lingering fatigue from last Sunday's 70.3 tri, and today was a battle to keep charging hard.  It's rare that I can get myself into a deep level of hurt and hold it there for the duration of a race, but I was able to do that today.  My heart rate shows that.  65 degrees and windy certainly didn't help.  I am stoked with this result.

<3

LRB

By some miracle, I did get out before 9:00 to beat the rain and it still hasn't come. I could've been procrastinating like the lazy bum I am all of this time. Hmph!

Oh well, I got 7 done then had this bizarre hankering for sloppy joes, baked beans and cole slaw for my post-run meal. That would be fine for an afternoon or evening run, but for breakfast?

LRB

My first time puking after finishing a race

Finished 3rd out of, I am guessing, 150 overall.  My Garmin is a couple clicks short of a 5K (3.05 miles), but oddly enough my last PR had the same distance.  Certified course though, so I am counting it.  Definitely some lingering fatigue from last Sunday's 70.3 tri, and today was a battle to keep charging hard.  It's rare that I can get myself into a deep level of hurt and hold it there for the duration of a race, but I was able to do that today.  My heart rate shows that.  65 degrees and windy certainly didn't help.  I am stoked with this result.

LtH would be proud.

Cyberic

Great job Baboon!

Although my sinuses aren't jammed anymore, for the past couple of days everything I run feels pretty much like double that. Not in the legs, but in general fatigue.

Ran over 9 miles. Felt like over 18.

LRB

MILESTONE RESULTS:  18:53 race time!

That's awesome! The trophy must be taller than Paul Bunyan given what they gave out for your last PR!

Congrats man. You're killing it again this year.