Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

Good morning,

I had no idea what time it was when I woke up this morning, and since I wasn't running, I could not have cared less. That's a nice way to start the week yo, let's hope it's not all downhill from here. lol

Cyberic

I will be running today, as I'm going out for beer on Tuesday night, and some on Wednesday too, so I'd rather have my RD on Wednesday this week.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles for me tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mr MattM

Up and out before the sun... quick 4 miles.  Ran the last mile sub7 and now my damn toe hurts like hell.

Ugh.

be curious; not judgmental

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Ran an 8k on Saturday, 31:50, only 1:14 off of my PR that I set last fall when it was 35* cooler, and I hadn't run a 100 miler three weeks prior, so I'm really happy with that.  1st in my AG too.  I'm really looking forward to some faster running, I feel like I've been running long and slow for forever! lol  On the 26th I'll start a Pfitzinger plan for my October marathon, and I'm actually going to stick to it this time.  I think I owe it to myself to do a full cycle of focused training with speed work, instead of just running whatever distance/pace I feel like. 

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Hey!  Busy.  Swim later.  BYE!

<3

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I got through 10.2 hard miles.  I wanted to quit before I got started, but hung in there for the planned distance.  Some days running is pretty damn hard.

I hope everyone (even DR) has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Good morning everyone!!

Ran an 8k on Saturday, 31:50, only 1:14 off of my PR that I set last fall when it was 35* cooler, and I hadn't run a 100 miler three weeks prior, so I'm really happy with that.  1st in my AG too.  I'm really looking forward to some faster running, I feel like I've been running long and slow for forever! lol  On the 26th I'll start a Pfitzinger plan for my October marathon, and I'm actually going to stick to it this time.  I think I owe it to myself to do a full cycle of focused training with speed work, instead of just running whatever distance/pace I feel like. 

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!

Congrats!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Good morning!

I got through 10.2 hard miles.  I wanted to quit before I got started, but hung in there for the planned distance.  Some days running is pretty damn hard.

I hope everyone (even DR) has a great day!

Doubtful...

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rest Day!!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

SRD

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Oh, and I got my 7 miles in late last night. With the dogs on the trails, it was 84 degrees, 70% humidity and a DP of 70. It was hot, muggy and just nasty, but Jetta enjoyed our 9 PM run and Rocky survived it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

6.6 easy miles. Been wearing the chest strap lately. Today the watch gave me a new VO2Max value of 58, which probably means (haven't checked) even more agressive race time predictions 

Docket_Rocket

I rushed home only to realize it was my RD and not a 6 miler day.  But at least the day got better as the court just released their order on my trial and I WON.  Very happy to have one less worry over my shoulder.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

2300 yard swim done.

Heh, Max Scherzer is mowing them down so far tonight!  (that is a baseball reference, btw)

<3