Beginners and Beyond

Fifty One Years. Five Beers. Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Fifty Eight Yards. Five Point One Miles. And Annoying Alliteration Avoided (not). (Read 96 times)

Love the Half

I turned 51 today.  I planned to run 5.1 miles.  I spent the morning preparing horribly unhealthy, insanely calorie and fat laden tailgating food for Marshall University's homecoming game.  A couple of friends I went to college with showed up and brought a dozen professionally done cupcakes.  Yeah, like a thousand calories each.  There were four of us.  The cupcakes are gone.  Essray Taliaferro gained 58 yards rushing in Marshall's winning bid against the University of Texas at San Antonio.  Final score, 34-10.  I have had a bunch of really good beers including a couple of Trappist ales on tap.  Yummy.  Started the day with The Bruery Autumn Brown Ale.  It's a Belgian style strong dark ale with molasses, maple syrup, yams, and spices.  Checks in at a modest 10% a.b.v.  I'm currently drinking a Sierra Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout at 10.2% a.b.v.  I think it has something like 320 calories.  Birthday dinner was at Five Guys Burgers and Fries.  Their burgers must be 40% fat and their fries are fresh cut and fried in peanut oil.  I had the bacon cheeseburger at 920 calories with 560 of those from fat and a regular order of fries at 620 calories with 260 from fat.  Holy shit it was good.  Ridiculously good.  Haven't run a damn step and it appears increasingly likely that I won't run a damn step.  That's a fairly significant decline from last year.  Wink  But, I ramble.  And I'm buzzed so I don't care.  And I feel fat so I care even less.

Thanks for the birthday wishes even if I didn't do squat except suck down 5,000 calories and get drunk.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Sloooow.

Sounds like a successful birthday to me! Enjoy the rest of your evening, and happy birthday!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Cupcakes and beer....yum !!!!

Happy 51 Approve

tracilynn

Oh no. Downward spiral!

happy birthdayCool

~~~~~~~

Traci

StepbyStep-SH

Big grin  Happy birthday! Buzzed posting from LtH - awesomeness.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

outoftheblue

You gotta let loose every now and then.  Relax and enjoy (digesting) those cupcakes.  Happy B-day!

Life is good.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

LMAO!!! I think it's safe to say that you earned it. Smile

Antipodean

Maybe next year you can aim for 5.2 miles. Joking This year's a write off (in the best way possible!).

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

5000 calories and drunk - who could ask for more?!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

You'll run tomorrow. 5.1 miles. I'm sure!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like a great birthday "day".

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I turned 51 today.  I planned to run 5.1 miles.  I spent the morning preparing horribly unhealthy, insanely calorie and fat laden tailgating food for Marshall University's homecoming game.  A couple of friends I went to college with showed up and brought a dozen professionally done cupcakes.  Yeah, like a thousand calories each.  There were four of us.  The cupcakes are gone.  Essray Taliaferro gained 58 yards rushing in Marshall's winning bid against the University of Texas at San Antonio.  Final score, 34-10.  I have had a bunch of really good beers including a couple of Trappist ales on tap.  Yummy.  Started the day with The Bruery Autumn Brown Ale.  It's a Belgian style strong dark ale with molasses, maple syrup, yams, and spices.  Checks in at a modest 10% a.b.v.  I'm currently drinking a Sierra Nevada Narwhal Imperial Stout at 10.2% a.b.v.  I think it has something like 320 calories.  Birthday dinner was at Five Guys Burgers and Fries.  Their burgers must be 40% fat and their fries are fresh cut and fried in peanut oil.  I had the bacon cheeseburger at 920 calories with 560 of those from fat and a regular order of fries at 620 calories with 260 from fat.  Holy shit it was good.  Ridiculously good.  Haven't run a damn step and it appears increasingly likely that I won't run a damn step.  That's a fairly significant decline from last year.  Wink  But, I ramble.  And I'm buzzed so I don't care.  And I feel fat so I care even less.

Thanks for the birthday wishes even if I didn't do squat except suck down 5,000 calories and get drunk.

Urp!

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

delicate flower

Cupcakes, you say?

<3

Hip Redux

5100 calories for the 51st birthday - SUCCESS!

Little Blue

He must be drunk.  I never thought I'd see Brad utter the word 'yummy'. Joking