Beginners and Beyond

Chilly Thursday Penguins (Read 12 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

It's 20 outside right now, feels like 1 degree. We're waiting to walk Ben until the sun comes up, but it won't be a lot warmer in an hour. No sleep last night.  Hopefully I'll get a few zzzs later.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

GGGood MMMorning, GGInny.. 2 below in Chicago heading your way.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Ran 13 with 3 X 3 @ MP on the TM earlier today.  Pilates and weights tonight.

Stay warm!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4 on the big (high income) track.

Zelanie

It's a balmy 28 here. We had freezing rain with a bit of snow on top of it. Maybe I will try to run outside if it warms up, but most likely it's the TM for me. The dogs need to go out,  so maybe a short run inside and then a short walk if it's at all passable. DH is going to try to get to work in a few so he can report back.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Please stop sending those Pacific storms this way, at least for the next month.

Zelanie

Please stop sending those Pacific storms this way, at least for the next month.

Well we can't just keep them all here.

Ginny, I hope you are able to get some rest.

PADRunner

It's not supposed to get here until Saturday.

Saturday 73/23

Zelanie

It's not supposed to get here until Saturday.

Saturday 73/23

That's a huge drop!  Is it going to be super windy to move all of that warm air out?

PADRunner

That's a huge drop!  Is it going to be super windy to move all of that warm air out?

Yes we'll have wind chills in the single digits. It will be mostly dry though just a chance of a few  flurries.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did a run/walk on the San Antonio Riverwalk after work yesterday.  The Riverwalk is great at night because it is always lit up all year round.  And for the holiday season, all the holiday lights are put up along the whole Riverwalk so makes for a very pleasant run.   I  ended up with a very nice and easy and enjoyable 3.1 miles.     The temp was a pleasant 63 degrees.  Enjoyed that.   Later on Wednesday we had a 'cold front' move in - really windy, temps dropped into the upper 30s, low 40s, and it is still darn chilly today.  Then tomorrow, that stuff gets 'blown out' and we will be almost up to 80 degrees by Saturday afternoon....crazy darn Texas weather in the San Antonio region...this is why a lot of people get the colds, coughs, and sniffles around here...dang weather keeps going back-and-forth about every 2-3 days or so, your body never has time to adjust.  Oh well, it still beats Minnesota Blizzard weather.

And today is my 'Friday', as I am off tomorrow, yay.  Gonna take a rest day, and then run tomorrow, do a race on Saturday, and then run again on Sunday.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

We, of course, are opting out for whatever. If you want beach time, come down here, yo.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

I ran 4 outside in the snow and slush with the dogs.  Effort wise, it felt a little bit like running on the beach.  It was nice to get outside, and my trail shoes worked really well.

I want beach time.