Beginners and Beyond

Saturdaily wake up call! (Read 39 times)

Cyberic

Ran 9.5. Did not nail the low HR thing but if I would have went by feeling I would have run faster than that, so it was useful.

LRB

DH was complaining about this weekend's college games. Seems that after actually playing real competition last week, this week is for cupcakes.

Yeah, no, playing elite level games every week is not good for my blood pressure. lol I like the sprinkle of "easy" non-conference games mixed in the schedule, but I am in the minority. Most people want tough games every week and I like it the way that it is, the way it has always been. Does that make me a traditionalist, or an idiot.

Morning!  If I still have power later, I'll run 5.  We are out of the cone and might get lucky with this one. It just started her trek WNW so we have had rain since 7am and some wind gusts because it's right below us and we are getting the outer bands.

Looks like it's going more along the gulf coast.

Dave

delicate flower

Wife got 2nd place, beaten by her friend that she dragged along. Never invite your faster friends!

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Wife got 2nd place, beaten by her friend that she dragged along. Never invite your faster friends!

Congrats! And yea, when my friend and I do the same race, I know I stand no chance of winning my AG.

LRB

My run today was a bit like LRB's yesterday - bit of a slog to start but finally, after about a month, I actually felt like I was running towards the end.

6 miles - that's the longest I've run since July 30.

Average pace = 8:50 - the fastest since August 6.

Last mile pace = 8:18 - fastest single mile since August 3.

Yeah, one would think that time off would have you flying like an eagle upon one's return. But with full time hobby joggers, that simply is not the case. There's an adjustment period where you fight to get your legs back. Yes, it's a thing.

Nice job getting it done today. #thestruggleisreal

Modified to add: At least with me, that's been the case.

onemile

I was supposed to run 10 with 7 at hmp straight through.  Except it felt way hard from the beginning and I had to take 2 breaks due to a side stitch somewhere in mile 2/3. After that it went away but the effort was like race effort and my legs were shit garbage   And now I get to run 18 tomorrow.

I was supposed to run 10 with 7 at hmp straight through.  Except it felt way hard from the beginning and I had to take 2 breaks due to a side stitch somewhere in mile 2/3. After that it went away but the effort was like race effort and my legs were shit garbage   And now I get to run 18 tomorrow.

FTS. I would get an easy day after that kind of workout. Except when Pfitz would give me 18 the day after a 10k. Nevermind.

Speaking of shit garbage, my Saturday easy runs usually suck, so I'm having a tough time motivating myself to get out.

Dave

LRB

You did great last week under similar circumstances (6.2 miles at a much faster pace followed up with a 16), this is just cranking it up a notch

No more marathons

Touchdown Michigan.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

onemile

You did great last week under similar circumstances (6.2 miles at a much faster pace followed up with a 16), this is just cranking it up a notch

A lot of the time, I feel worse on day 2 after a hard workout so I figured moving this workout to today wouldn't make the 18 suck any more (Addie assigned this one for yesterday but I decided to flip flop)

Docket_Rocket

Looks like it's going more along the gulf coast.

Yes. we should only get Cat 1 winds.

Go, MBc!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Touchdown Michigan.

And to think, Cincinnati won the toss and deferred.

LRB

A lot of the time, I feel worse on day 2 after a hard workout so I figured moving this workout to today wouldn't make the 18 suck any more (Addie assigned this one for yesterday but I decided to flip flop)

I like the way you think. #knowthyself

LRB