Beginners and Beyond

Saturdaily wake up call! (Read 39 times)

Docket_Rocket

Did tomorrow's speedwork in case. 8 with 5 X 800m at 5K pace.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

I was supposed to run 10 with 7 at hmp straight through.  Except it felt way hard from the beginning and I had to take 2 breaks due to a side stitch somewhere in mile 2/3. After that it went away but the effort was like race effort and my legs were shit garbage   And now I get to run 18 tomorrow.

Speaking of shit garbage, my Saturday easy runs usually suck, so I'm having a tough time motivating myself to get out.

6 SG miles done. First 20 of the cycle tomorrow. 

Dave

No more marathons

6 SG miles done. First 20 of the cycle tomorrow. 

Latest projections for Boston are zero to 1:30 1:47

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Tickets (and seat assignment) for the 3:34 showing of IT tomorrow.

Let the screams begin.

He's a leaker!

LRB

Tickets (and seat assignment) for the 3:34 showing of IT tomorrow.

Let the screams begin.

No, no and hell no. lol

LRB

Cyberic

What does a tune-up race actually tune? I don't race much, nothing new here. I just show up at my race and give it all I've got. Works ok, I think. I don't see what a tune-up does.

LRB

Speaking of tuneup, my car needs an oil change.

onemile

What does a tune-up race actually tune? I don't race much, nothing new here. I just show up at my race and give it all I've got. Works ok, I think. I don't see what a tune-up does.

https://www.runnersworld.com/race-training/tune-up-for-successful-racing

I like to do it as a fitness test to see if I've gained fitness and if my marathon goal pace is reasonable. It's easy to run workouts slightly faster than MP and then start thinking maybe that is your MP.

I know from past cycles how my half marathon pace 4-6 weeks out relates to my marathon pace on race day.

https://www.runnersworld.com/race-training/tune-up-for-successful-racing

I like to do it as a fitness test to see if I've gained fitness and if my marathon goal pace is reasonable. It's easy to run workouts slightly faster than MP and then start thinking maybe that is your MP.

I know from past cycles how my half marathon pace 4-6 weeks out relates to my marathon pace on race day.

I have typically done it because it is a thing, but haven't found anything to correlate to anything else.

Dave

Latest projections for Boston are zero to 1:30 1:47

Don't try to get my hopes up. I'm not buying it.

Dave

LRB

I have typically done it because it is a thing, but haven't found anything to correlate to anything else.

If nothing else, an all out half marathon 6 weeks out from a goal marathon is a great workout. It's also a chance to PR since most of us are training at goal marathon pace. And that is exactly what I did the last time I ran one five weeks out from the big dog. Woof.

Docket_Rocket

There are no theaters open here, damn it! I guess I'll see IT next weekend, hopefully.

And I'm all about memes for this hurricane, including these:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page