Beginners and Beyond

Windy Wednesday Penguins! (Read 26 times)

Amazonian Princess

Cherie, no getting offended here either. Not sure what could give you that idea. If someone did give you that idea, you just let us know who it is, and we'll go over there and open a can of whoopazzz on them Penguin style. Big grin You are one of the nicest people ever on this thread, and I luv ya for it.

+1 with a Mai Tai on top!

I can. I will. I am. 

tracilynn

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Hey Traci, mark March 22 on your calendar. I have been voluntold that I will be an assistant race director for Nucor's inaugaral 5k benefitting our chapter of Relay For Life to the Amarican Cancer Society. You better make those shin splints go away Joking.

I can't see pics at work!!

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

Ugh crazy night/morning.. My sisters visited a couple weeks ago and I guess my middle sister dropped an Adderall capsule and didn't notice because my little gray cat found one and popped it open with her teeth. I am incredibly, ridiculously, unbelievably lucky that she did this behind me at 9:30 last night, I got it away from her immediately so she didn't ingest more than a tiny bit of it - if she'd done it while I wasn't home or while I was asleep I'd have a dead cat and probably no clue why she died, the pill was 30mg and according to the internet 25mg is a fatal dose for most cats. She slept next to me all night so that was comforting - I was so worried that even a little bit would make her sick so I woke up to check on her every few hours but all was fine. Vacuumed under all the furniture this morning just to make sure there were no other pills lurking about.

DH sent me a picture of the sunny beach he's sitting on in the Cayman Islands as I was thinking about how much I hate winter and how I have a good 4-5 months before the weather warms up enough not to be miserable. Jerk.

Went to the gym, did a mile on the treadmill and some lifting but wasn't really feeling great so I cut it short. Being a single parent is exhausting, I'd hate to have to do this full-time! I believe sushi for dinner and some kind of good beer will pull me through the next day and a half.

Traci - Shin splints are the god-damned worst. I will confess that my shins are still not 100% most of the time, but they don't hurt when I run so I'm just going with it for now. I actually think that I'm overly sensitive to any kind of discomfort in my lower legs because of how long it took to get rid of the shin splints the first time, I kinda just started dismissing any minor aches/pains as my imagination and things seem to be getting better, oddly enough. I still do lots of stretching and foam rolling of calves/shins, heel walks before every run, I think strength training has helped too - my whole hip/leg is stronger so that has to help take some of the load off the shin. I don't really ice anymore and rarely wear calf sleeves. My 6-miler this weekend made me break the sleeves out again, so I think I'm going to cap my long run around 5-5.25 for now and work on building up the other runs slowly. Shin splints seem to be the most trial-and-error injury in the entire world - I'm not even sure how much of what I do to manage my shins is actually helpful and how much is just superstition.

obiebyke

You're more than fine by me, Cherie! No worries.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Docket_Rocket

cherie, offensive???? you're like the nicest person in the whole wide world.

jack, I almost never run hills.  Should I run more hills? There may be one small hill on each of my runs.

I ran 4.5m with a mile of that on trails. I wore my Berry Super feet orthotics in the Hokas.  I guess Im gonna try these awhile then maybe move back up to my prescription orthotics.

The hokas aren't really helping but I do love them.  They are my favoritist shoes Smile

Awesome!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Cherie, no getting offended here either. Not sure what could give you that idea. If someone did give you that idea, you just let us know who it is, and we'll go over there and open a can of whoopazzz on them Penguin style. Big grin You are one of the nicest people ever on this thread, and I luv ya for it.

^^ This.

And haha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

BUT CHUCK NORRIS HAS NEVER DONE A MARATHON!!!!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hi pens!

Ugh crazy night/morning.. My sisters visited a couple weeks ago and I guess my middle sister dropped an Adderall capsule and didn't notice because my little gray cat found one and popped it open with her teeth. I am incredibly, ridiculously, unbelievably lucky that she did this behind me at 9:30 last night, I got it away from her immediately so she didn't ingest more than a tiny bit of it - if she'd done it while I wasn't home or while I was asleep I'd have a dead cat and probably no clue why she died, the pill was 30mg and according to the internet 25mg is a fatal dose for most cats. She slept next to me all night so that was comforting - I was so worried that even a little bit would make her sick so I woke up to check on her every few hours but all was fine. Vacuumed under all the furniture this morning just to make sure there were no other pills lurking about.

We have always suspected that Lily died from poisoning, either from licking the bathtub after the cleaning ladies had cleaned or accidental ingestion of hubby's meds.  We try to make sure no pills fall on the floor but we cannot be 100% sure.  Good catch!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck getting used to the cold weather, Philly!  At least where you are the cold stays for a while.  Here in South Texas, we get a short series of cold days, then it warm backs up, and then the cycle continues.  It's crazy and often leaves a lot of folks with sniffles and coughs cuz the stupid weather changes around so much for us over the 'winter' days.  Gotta love winter in South Texas!  Roll eyes

Congrats to your DD, Zelanie!

Hope you can make it to your quartet practice, but if you're not feeling good, just go home, HsM.  You don't want to pass on what you have to the whole choir 'Typhoid HsM"   Wink   Hope you feel better.

Hope the shoes work for you, Bin!

Wow, that PT cost is crazy for you, Traci.  I see what my co-workers pay for health insurance each month and it makes me SO glad I served 24 in the military and have some very good health coverage now at very reasonable rates when referred outside of the military system.   $172 for 10 minutes on a stationary bike!  You might as well just go buy your own!

Happy post-work running, Dave!  At least it will be warmer than usual for you vs a morning run...hopefully, anyway.

The only thing that offends me, Cherie, is you don't post more Great Legs photos of yourself. Wink    Hey, it's all good, and you're pretty 'super nice" yourself!   We need to FE, I can show you how to do 'slow and easy" runs, I'm an expert at that, lol.

Jimmy, I think you and Traci need to come to Texas.  We'll take a trip to Houston....stop by NASA...."they can rebuild you....they have the technology....  you will be better than before. Better, stronger, faster."  Big grin  And if you know what that paraphrasing is from, you're aging yourselves!    I really hope you two do figure it all out and then get back to 100%!

Wow, the flippin' teens!  I am SO glad, Stone Fence, I don't have to deal with THAT anymore!   Happy x-training!

Sorry you have to come back to reality tomorrow, Baconista!  Reality is no fun.   So I tend to live in my own world.  But it's okay...they know me in here. Joking

DH sent me a picture of the sunny beach he's sitting on in the Cayman Islands as I was thinking about how much I hate winter and how I have a good 4-5 months before the weather warms up enough not to be miserable. Jerk .  Uh oh...he's been married long enough now, probably, that he should know better!  You don't push 'mama's' buttons!  Bad karma will get you if you do...superglue mysteriously shows up on your shirt buttons and you're walking around for a while looking like an idiot with your fingers stuck on the button....the toilet seat falls off when you sit on it...just one of your eyebrows disappears overnight....don't mess with 'karma"!  Big grin  Glad your cat is okay!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Sigh.....up late doing paperwork then got up at 4:00am to do more.....it's one of those weeks--there are a few every year--where I have so much due that there is just not enough hours in the day to get it all done. So unfortunately another URD. With 3 hours of sleep and every waking minute doing work there was just no time to run Sad

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good evening everyone.

I got in a cold, windy, slow 2.5 miles this morning.  My right ankle is still a little sore for some reason.  Not unbearable so I will continue to move forward.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Dad on the run.

Scotty - I had to Google it. I have seen the movie, perhaps a remake I'm not sure. I was thinking Robocop at first but I was wrong Tongue

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

SheCan

LMAO.... nooooo, no need for whoopass!  I was just reading that 666 bib thread some more, and seen how hurt some people were, and I thought, OmGosh, I hope you all know that regardless of differences of opinions, even when I voice my personal opinions that they're not meant as personal slights to anyone.  I didn't mean to be so melodramatic!  LOL, and yes, stonefence, they are the best.  LOL Baconista, did you get one of those drinks yet?  Personally I prefer a Pina Colada or just a cold beer Joking.

Lauren-- wow, you are lucky you seen what happened and was able to get the pill away from your cat.  How scary!  Oh, your husband is mean.  Make sure he knows he now owes you for that-- a warm get-away for a weekend would be nice!

kristin-- Black eye  man, you're busy.  I hope you find some run time at least so you feel better.  Getting a decent amount of sleep would be even better.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Bin Running

Cherie, I think you are one if the nicest penguins here too.

Lauren, glad you caught it before your cat ate everything.

DW is thinking I might have a amazon shopping problem. I'll seek help after Black Friday. Ha

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar