Beginners and Beyond

Goal race-FAIL. Baton Rouge Beach HM (Read 408 times)

Jess runs for bacon

I'm sorry you barfed but I'm glad you finished! And you got a chicken medal!

xor

This is like waiting on the end of the Sopranos.

Nice.  +2 for Ravenclaw

Sloooow.

Very cool chicken medal! Sorry you had such a tough time, but, you finished! Congrats x

Little Blue

Wow, you pulled off a finish from the depths!  I can't believe you would even think of beating yourself up over a race like that.  Holy cow, girl, you've got guts!  Congratulations on earning your chicken, even if you didn't make your goal.

runningmum

AKA bear2009

Congrats on finishing!  You totally earned that medal.

Hope you feel better soon!

2013 Goals:

1. Start, stay, and finish the year uninjured!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Disappointing races never feel good, but I hope it helps that you know fairly certainly that this result was well out of your control. And, 6 minutes really isn't much, so given how you felt, you did awesome. If you can push like that while heaving, think of the effort you can give while feeling good. Be patient, please, as you get going on the marathon training. You cant make your race in a week, but you can hamper it. I know you'll be smart and do great though.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Samurai in Training

Hey, you have a vomiting race war story... that is a positive!

Misty

Hey, you have a vomiting race war story... that is a positive!

Not as good as your jazz hands story though.

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It's a big disappointment but I do realize it was out of my hands.  

Misty

Bless your heart.

Tweaky63

I AM running!!!

I'm still pretty new to racing and have a long way to go. So, I don't see this as a fail, to me you did awesome! Hope you feel better! Brenda

The mircle isn't that I finished. The mircle is that I had the courage to start.

~ John Bingham

Shakedown Street

Wow, just wow...that showed a hell of a lot of drive to get through all that. That sucks big time, but man, your going to be able to drive through quite a bit of suck next race when your 100%. 

Was it just a ton of drainage coming up....I hate that.

So you live in beautiful natchitoches? I have quite a few family there, mostly older...I hope your not having to deal with them....

Started-5/12, RWOL refugee,5k-24:23 (1/12/13),10K-55:37(9/15/12),HM-1:52:59(3/24/13)

workinprogress11

I'm so sorry you've been so sick and that the race didn't go as you wanted.  You sure are tough sticking it out, though.  I'm glad the nice lady pulled you through the last mile.  I hope it all falls in place for your marathon!

Pinktastic

Misty, I have no idea how you pulled that off!!  Most people would have thrown in the towel, but not you!!   The next time you're having a tough race, you'll be able to look back on this one and say "at least I'm not vomiting so it's all good and I can still totally rock this thing!".  You're amazing, woman!!  Love all the chicken stuff!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Chairman

Good job getting through what I think was your first go at this distance. The good news is that it will almost certainly be better the second time (TWSS?).

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Robert31320

Team TJ

The Michigan lady and the chicken medal rocks!

Misty ROCKS!

Now, go kick RnR N.O. ass!  Big grin

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

Six minutes is not a lot, unless it goes the wrong way.  That was a tough race but given what you had been dealing with, not surprising.

Not that it matters much but that is a decent looking medal.  Good luck in February!