Beginners and Beyond

A do it yourself guide to running this weekend (Read 57 times)

LRB

LRB

It would take just about 3.5 hours of running to burn off this meal according to the peeps at Competitor. Unfortunately for most of us, we eat four times this amount. So unless you're planning on running an ultra marathon this weekend, expect to be fat Monday morning. lol

Docket_Rocket

I guess I can eat it all since I'm running a marathon! Yay!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I guess I can eat it all since I'm running a marathon! Yay!

Friends don't let friends eat brussel sprouts on Thanksgiving, FFS. Have your way with the rest. 

onemile

Unfortunately for most of us, we eat four times this amount. 

Really? 1 cup of cranberry sauce?  1/2 cup gravy? 8 oz turkey?  I didn't eat near as much as this chart claims. And certainly not 4x.  I would say 1/2.

Little Blue

Hey, now, I made Brussels sprouts and the pan was scraped clean.  Of course, anything is better with cheese.

I had most of those things, except the turkey.  And sub in mac-n-cheese for the sweet potato casserole. But not in those quantities.  I fail to see a problem here.

delicate flower

Dinner rolls are a waste of space, and 1 cup of 'sprouts is about 3/4 of a cup too much on your turkey plate.

A single 5K PR offsets about four plates of all that.

<3

LRB

Really? 1 cup of cranberry sauce?  1/2 cup gravy? 8 oz turkey?  I didn't eat near as much as this chart claims. And certainly not 4x.  I would say 1/2.

Not necessarily four times the amount of each item but looking at the number for a small slice of pumpkin pie (which isn't indicative of the desert offerings at most gatherings), excess calories will be eaten.

Docket_Rocket

Friends don't let friends eat brussel sprouts on Thanksgiving, FFS. Have your way with the rest. 

WHAT?  I love Brussel Sprouts! I even took a picture of me in Brussels at the park dedicated to them with a huge Brussel sprout statue there!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Hey, now, I made Brussels sprouts and the pan was scraped clean.  Of course, anything is better with cheese.

I had most of those things, except the turkey.  And sub in mac-n-cheese for the sweet potato casserole. But not in those quantities.  I fail to see a problem here.

Hello?  Carboloading!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

WHAT?

DON'T YELL AT ME. I've never had or seen them on turkey day. You must be from the other side of town, obviously.

onemile

Not necessarily four times the amount of each item but looking at the number for a small slice of pumpkin pie (which isn't indicative of the desert offerings at most gatherings), excess calories will be eaten.

632 calories for a small piece of plain pumpkin pie seems overly high.  My dessert sounds a lot worse (caramel apple cheesecake) but a small piece was just over 400 calories.  I thought plain pumpkin pie was supposed to be the best healthiest choice and more like 300 calories.  Regardless... I probably didn't run enough to make up for what I ate today.  But it was about all I could manage. Oh. well.

632 calories for a small piece of plain pumpkin pie seems overly high.  

Yeah that seems way high. It could be low however for the amount of pie I had tonight. The pie is what did me in, as well as the mountain of stuffing. Everything else was not too bad. Sides were green beans (just plain, not casserole), sweet potatoes & beets (just roasted with some olive oil), and a little cranberry sauce. We had mashed potatoes & gravy, but I had neither.

Oops, wine.

Dave

another brussels sprouts fan here. Smile

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

Who the fuck eats only one cup of mashed potatoes?