Beginners and Beyond

Friday and feelin' great Penguins! (Read 39 times)

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." WinkIt can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Mornin' everyone.  Cannot wait to start the weekend.  I have a lot to do including a long run on the plan tomorrow.  I am going to try to sneak out of work early and get the weekend started early!  Also, I hopped on the scale this morning... 199!  51# down since April.

Have a fantastic day!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Friday Morning Penguins!

N-Bug - nice job on the weight loss!

Yesterday I did legs and abs at the gym, came home and did 90 minutes on the bike trainer, some planks, 2 glasses of red wine, and 1 giant chocolate chip cookie! Yes, my wife surprised me - I was in the shower and she came into the bathroom and left real quick. When I got out there was a giant chocolate chip cookie sitting on the vanity!

Today I have 1 mile scheduled! Better one than none!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Dinner last night with fellow forumite, Marjorie.  Run this morning with her too.  I wish I can go to bed now.....  Super sleepy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Gustav, cookies on the vanity!!! Nice touch.  Congrats on the <200 Vance.

Heading to the health club for the strength machines, then short run with DW.  Afternoon we'll see Les Miz.

Have a great weekend, Peeps !!!

Philliefan33

TGIF!

Gustav, I'm guessing that you've been married for more than a few years.  A new wife wouldn't sneak into the room when her husband was in the shower just to leave him a chocolate chip cookie.....

SRD for me.  Tomorrow I'll be painting the family room and doing a long run of 9-10 miles.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Friday Colony!  I ran at Randolph Air Force Base yesterday.  Weather was beautiful, sunny, blue skies, 64 degrees. Did a very easy 3.2 miles.  I ran Tues, Wed, and Thursday, and did weight training after my run on Wednesday, so today is a rest day for me after 3 days in a row, and then I have a 5K tomorrow morning, my 6th race of the year.

Good luck with your long run tomorrow, Vance.  Enjoy the long weekend, hope you can get away early.  Congrats on your weight loss!

Yes, my wife surprised me - I was in the shower and she came into the bathroom and left real quick.

Yes, my wife surprised me - I was in the shower and she came into the bathroom and left real quick.  Heck, she should've gotten into the shower with you, I bet that really would've surprised you. Joking  Of course, then the cookie would've gotten wet.  Nice workout, Gustav!

Damaris, where's the photos?  Wink   Hope you don't fall asleep at work.

Enjoy the workout, Jerry, and the run with DW.   Hope you enjoy the movie.

Margo, I assume you are doing your long run before you paint, so you won't be running with paint-fume odor in your head.  Good luck with both the run and the painting.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

For Scotty, pics of last night.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

For Scotty, pics of last night.

Nice!  Which one are you? Wink  And, btw, you're not leaning far enough forward... Joking Wink

Gail just came by and read that last statement and said for me to remind you that you have her Slap Authority permission, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

I did 4 miles this AM. My calves didnt feel real happy after about 2 miles. I am ditching my run tomorrow. This means a little extra family time Smile

I hope everybody has a great day.

Tomas

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Zelanie

Morning, everyone!  Sorry I didn't post yesterday.  For the next little while, I'm working both my school and Weight Watchers job on Thursdays, and yesterday was my first one.  Loooooong day!  Today and tomorrow I am going to a conference up in Portland.  Hope it's a good one!

My leg feels 90% better.  I think I am going to try an easy run tonight when I get back.  I'm really hoping that it goes well.

Vance- Congratulations on getting to "onederland"!

Gustav- Yummy cookie delivery!  And I am so glad to hear you got the all clear to start running again!

D- Sounds like a great FE!

Jerry- You have a great day planned!

Margo- Enjoy the RD!

Scotty- Enjoy the RD, and good luck tomorrow!

Tomas- I think even with your HM coming up, or  maybe especially with it coming up, your body needs the rest right now.  And I'm sure the family appreciates the company.

Bin Running

Srd for me today. Taken the day off with intend to do some spring cleaning just before lunar new year. Decided to catch "the hobbit" while it is still showing and only get a little cleaning done. Luckily, knowing how lazy I am with cleaning, took 01feb off.

Getting ready for Chinese New Year in 3 week time.  Oh, had to work tmr so might not get my run in.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Wandering Wally

Morning Penguins!

Got 8 miles in last night.  It was the coldest run of the season so far for me.  Feels like temp of 1F.  Once I was warmed up it was actually pretty nice.  The snow has a nice texture at that temperature and the ice is more grippy if that makes sense to any of you.  Tonight the plan is for about 7 miles.

Vance - Nice job on the weight loss!

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Docket_Rocket

Haha.  From which one are you to not leaning far enough, me suspect that you got it alright.  And considered yourself slapped on her behalf!

Nice!  Which one are you? Wink  And, btw, you're not leaning far enough forward... Joking Wink

Gail just came by and read that last statement and said for me to remind you that you have her Slap Authority permission, lol.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

SheCan

Morning penguins! :-)

N-bug- woooohoooo@ being under 200!  That's sweet!  Glad you started feeling better.

Gustav-  ohhh, back to running?  That's wonderful.   Best of luck with it.

Philliefan, you just seem to have so much energy!  What color are you painting?

Docket that picture is so pretty!  Which one is Marjorie?

Zelanie- enjoy your conference in Portland.

mjsmith-  you're sure doing well getting those miles in despite the cold.  Be careful out there on that ice though.

GinnyinPA-  Are you coming to AZ for a race?  Hopefully it'll be nice and sunny for you here.  Are you going to Phx area?

I think I'm just going to do a short (2 mile-ish) recovery run today, and then go sign up for a local 10k that's being held tomorrow.  Haven't for sure  decided about that race though.  It starts at 7 and I'd have to get up by 5:30 to  be there and do same day race pickup.  Too bad I'm not an early bird like N-bug or gustav!  I'll let y'all know if I end up running it.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson