Beginners and Beyond

Friday and feelin' great Penguins! (Read 39 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Zel: Lucky!! Portland is one of the coolest cities! We try to make it up there for the beer festival they have every year.

Docket: I don't know if Scotty will approve of your picture... not enough legs!

As for me; four easy miles last night (in the wind), rest day today, and a nice long ten or eleven tomorrow. Older DD has track practice, younger DD has swim, and then I will actually be free on Sunday! My couch and I will be reacquainted and can sit, read the paper, watch football, and nap!! That's what I call a Sunday.

Have a good weekend.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  We finally have sun today, which is a wonderful thing!  Especially since we picked up a couple of inches of snow last night, and the drive home yesterday was a little hairy.  Today the roads are wet, but not icy, so that's all good.  I might even swim today!

N-Bug -- I'm considering leaving at 4:00 too, just to get home before the temps fall!  At least that's my story ...

Gustav -- woo-hoo for the workout and the cookie!!

Docket -- glad you had a fun run, hope you wake up!!

Jerryb -- hope you like Les Mis, I've heard good reviews from friends!!

Phillie -- enjoy your SRD!!

Scotty -- enjoy your SRD, and good luck at your race tomorrow!!

T-rod -- hope your calves feel better, and enjoy the family time!!

Zelanie -- hope your easy run goes well!!

Bin -- enjoy your SRD!!

mj -- BRR!!!  Have a good 7!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Marjorie is the one on the left, chiqui74 is the one in the middle and, well, you know who I am.  I hope so.

Morning penguins! :-)

N-bug- woooohoooo@ being under 200!  That's sweet!  Glad you started feeling better.

Gustav-  ohhh, back to running?  That's wonderful.   Best of luck with it.

Philliefan, you just seem to have so much energy!  What color are you painting?

Docket that picture is so pretty!  Which one is Marjorie?

Zelanie- enjoy your conference in Portland.

mjsmith-  you're sure doing well getting those miles in despite the cold.  Be careful out there on that ice though.

GinnyinPA-  Are you coming to AZ for a race?  Hopefully it'll be nice and sunny for you here.  Are you going to Phx area?

I think I'm just going to do a short (2 mile-ish) recovery run today, and then go sign up for a local 10k that's being held tomorrow.  Haven't for sure  decided about that race though.  It starts at 7 and I'd have to get up by 5:30 to  be there and do same day race pickup.  Too bad I'm not an early bird like N-bug or gustav!  I'll let y'all know if I end up running it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Damaris awesome FE pics!

scotty is being dirty!

another RD for me. Funny....this is the week of my lowest physical activity in months and months, but this is the first time anyone has said anything about my weight/how I look and FOUR different coworkers at 2 different jobs have told me I look like I've been losing weight, or working out. Apparently I look better when I'm just being lazy and icing my knee instead of exercising.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SheCan

Marjorie is the one on the left, chiqui74 is the one in the middle and, well, you know who I am.  I hope so.

Oh yes, chiqui74!  I'd forgotten about her.  Don't recall seeing her since I started on RA.  Is she still doing okay?

Kristin-  glad people are noticing your improvements!   How nice.

Did my 2.3 miles and saw 2 coyotes right in the neighborhood.  I've seen 4 in the past week.  They must be hungry or something.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

hog4life

Hey everyone, I'm hoping for some easy miles when I get home from work.

Docket_Rocket

Yes.  She is not running much right now and moving and stuff, but she finished her degree and I think she was going for another one.

Oh yes, chiqui74!  I'd forgotten about her.  Don't recall seeing her since I started on RA.  Is she still doing okay?

Kristin-  glad people are noticing your improvements!   How nice.

Did my 2.3 miles and saw 2 coyotes right in the neighborhood.  I've seen 4 in the past week.  They must be hungry or something.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And I am starting the countdown.  I am too tired for anything else.  2 hours and 56 minutes.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Damaris awesome FE pics!

scotty is being dirty!

another RD for me. Funny....this is the week of my lowest physical activity in months and months, but this is the first time anyone has said anything about my weight/how I look and FOUR different coworkers at 2 different jobs have told me I look like I've been losing weight, or working out. Apparently I look better when I'm just being lazy and icing my knee instead of exercising.

I'm living up to some of the bylaws of my men-over-50-running-club - - Club DOMIS (Dirty Old Men In Shorts)   Wink

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

And I am starting the countdown.  I am too tired for anything else.  2 hours and 56 minutes.

I'm on Central Time in Texas, so it's only 12:45 here....so 3 hours and 15 minutes for me...I work 7 a.m - 4 p.m.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RD for me. Yesterday was URD. My kids are awesome at sharing everything, including chest colds. YUCK! But you know what, it's not the flu. And for that I am grateful. Smile It doesn't look like I will be running tomorrow either since my chest is still rattling. Oh well, a break in the winter is not such a bad thing.

Mitch, I am glad your procedure went well on Wednesday, as tricky as it was. I hope they come back with good news! (Sorry if I missed a results post).

1:45 till I leave school. Smile

Probably 9 hrs till I am done with work. Sad

DrivIng to go watch basketball 4 games.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

tracilynn

Just did 3.1 easy miles in the glorious sunshine that hasnt been out in almost 2 weeks.  It was sooooo nice.  Except now my stupid left shin is killing me again.  Argh.  Icing and made an appt for wednesday to get it looked at.  I was really hoping this pain would just go away but it is lingering.  Its like a throbbing on my shin bone, just to the inside of the shin bone about half way up.   Kills when I press on it.  Anyone venture a guess diagnosis?

Vance, great job!  Big congrats

Mnm, sorry you are sick.

D, nice pic.

Jack, a dream sunday

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

Something like 30 minutes or so for me.  I want to leave early so that I get home before the temps drop and all the wet freezes.  So I'll probably leave whenever my tech does.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

I can picture Hope's Mom urging the guy to leave.  Are you done yet?

24 minutes for me, yay.

Damaris

Fundraising Page