Beginners and Beyond

Friday and feelin' great Penguins! (Read 39 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

I've just been unintentionally glitter-bombed.  I got around to cleaning off my desk a little, and there was a Christmas card from a vendor.  So I opened it, and now my jeans and floor have been hit by the glitterfall.  I am sparkly!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Well, sparkly needs to be cleaned right?  And you must get home to clean it?  Just wondering....

Take a picture!

I've just been unintentionally glitter-bombed.  I got around to cleaning off my desk a little, and there was a Christmas card from a vendor.  So I opened it, and now my jeans and floor have been hit by the glitterfall.  I am sparkly!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

Cherie - no races planned, we're just heading south and west in search of sunshine.  I've only been back to running since November, and I don't want to push too hard yet.  I have family in Phoenix we'll visit if we can find some place nearby to camp.  (Our dog makes us a bit less welcome as guests than we were before we got him.)   The last couple of years we've done winter vacations because then we don't have to hire somebody to take care of the lawn while we're gone.  It does make for cold camping though.

Heading for the TM in a few minutes.  After yesterday's hilly  run, I think I want a short easy run.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Decided to go to 11 am Les Mis and run after the warmup.  Well, it warmed to 44, but wind was howling, so it was a freezing 4 miles, but we got it in anyway.  Les Mis won't get the Oscar, but maybe Anne  Hathaway will.  Still need to see Django Unchained, Life of Pi, Zero Dark Thirty, and Amour before Oscar night.

Have a great weekend !!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Decided to go to 11 am Les Mis and run after the warmup.  Well, it warmed to 44, but wind was howling, so it was a freezing 4 miles, but we got it in anyway.  Les Mis won't get the Oscar, but maybe Anne  Hathaway will.  Still need to see Django Unchained, Life of Pi, Zero Dark Thirty, and Amour before Oscar night.

Have a great weekend !!!

That's the one I want to see too. Not really interest in Les Mis, since it's a "musical."  Why ruin a good story with all that singing? Wink  I enjoyed reading the book and I liked the 'talkie" (no singing!) movie version that starred Liam Neeson.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone, running is finally getting back to normal. Thank goodness! Did 3.1 today, was planning on more but I thought it would be a good idea to go to the track and run, after 3 laps I was bored and ready to go home. 4 more weeks until the HM that i am SOOOOO not ready for. Should still be fun though!

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

Damaris, nice pics!

Traci, sorry your shins are hurting, I hope you get some answers soon.

Mickey, I will get the results on Monday.

I got 6.75 miles at a nice and easy pace, I didn't want to push the lung too much. Plus my leg are still aching a little from Tuesday's interval run. Darn, I might not do that again, that's the first time my legs have been that sore for an extended period of time.

Docket_Rocket

Django Unchained is awesome!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Hey penguins!!!  I've missed you guys!  It's nice to be back on dry land, with real internet!

Only got two runs in this week, yup, you guessed it, both 8 milers lol

We got pedometers from our healthcare program, so I took it on the ship with me, 71,944 steps in five days, that's a lot of walking.  Smile

Damaris, agreed, Django Unchained was great!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Just got back from Iowa.  Got a flat tire on the way home.  I'm going to have to combine weight training day, and running day tomorrow.

Django Unchained might be awesome, but they didn't include anything in the trailer that would lead me to believe that I might want to see it.  I know there's a slave aspect to the movie, and there's violence.  That's all I know.  Can you see why I wouldn't rush to the theater?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

From the Internet.

Just did 3.1 easy miles in the glorious sunshine that hasnt been out in almost 2 weeks.  It was sooooo nice.  Except now my stupid left shin is killing me again.  Argh.  Icing and made an appt for wednesday to get it looked at.  I was really hoping this pain would just go away but it is lingering.  Its like a throbbing on my shin bone, just to the inside of the shin bone about half way up.   Kills when I press on it.  Anyone venture a guess diagnosis?

Vance, great job!  Big congrats

Mnm, sorry you are sick.

D, nice pic.

Jack, a dream sunday

Oh noes! My left shin is the jerk that's been giving me trouble for months. I hope yours is less troublesome for you.

Kills when you press like, REALLY bad? How localized, and does it go away while running/weight bearing or does it get worse?

Docket_Rocket

It is Quentin Tarantino and that is enough for me to run to the theater.

Just got back from Iowa.  Got a flat tire on the way home.  I'm going to have to combine weight training day, and running day tomorrow.

Django Unchained might be awesome, but they didn't include anything in the trailer that would lead me to believe that I might want to see it.  I know there's a slave aspect to the movie, and there's violence.  That's all I know.  Can you see why I wouldn't rush to the theater?

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

It is Quentin Tarantino and that is enough for me to run to the theater.

I like some of his stuff, but I never made it through Pulp Fiction. *ducks for cover*

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Docket_Rocket

I don't really like Pulp Fiction as much as his others like Kill Bill and Inglorious Bastards.

I like some of his stuff, but I never made it through Pulp Fiction. *ducks for cover*

Damaris

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Oh noes! My left shin is the jerk that's been giving me trouble for months. I hope yours is less troublesome for you.

Kills when you press like, REALLY bad? How localized, and does it go away while running/weight bearing or does it get worse?

When I press it KILLS. The spot that hurts is only the size of a golf ball.  It worsens as I'm running and throbs bad when I'm done running. Then I ice And it becomes bearable ... until I run again.

Is it splints? Ive been running for 10 months.

~~~~~~~

Traci