Beginners and Beyond

We Run/Ride On Sundailies, Too. (Read 35 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 50 satisfying miles with decent weather.  High 40s, no rain (but sloppy wet roads), with just a mild wind.

That gets me 31 miles running, and 75 miles on the bike for the week.  I'm tired and hungry, and will accomplish very little the rest of the day Smile.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

10.5. Picked up the pace for miles 8 and 9. Still cold and windy.

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 18 with 8 easy, 8 “MP,” 2 easy.  Those “MP” miles varied from 7:16 to 7:42, so I still have no idea what MP is.  But at least I’m pretty sure the 4%s won’t chew up my toes, and now I can largely retire to the AlterG until Boston.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Another grey, cloudy day here.  I ran 10 easy and was able to maintain consistent splits regardless of terrain and wind, so that's a good one for me.  My training plan resumes next week with some threshold running.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Spring Distance Classic 5k, 3/24; RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6

delicate flower

'Morning.  I rode two hours easy on the bike trainer, then tagged along with DW on her five mile run.

I watched Brawl in Cell Block 99 while on the bike trainer.  That  movie gets a solid  rating.

<3

sdWhiskers

Perfect day for racing! Too bad I went out too fast and was dying by mile 2. Didn't stop to walk like I wanted to... And was shockingly only 7 seconds off of a PR. I hate 5ks.

Docket_Rocket

I have 14 and weights (already lifted this morning).  On the TM in an hour.

We saw Pacific Rim 2. It was fun, but I love the first one more (of course).  Still, entertaining enough.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Perfect day for racing! Too bad I went out too fast and was dying by mile 2. Didn't stop to walk like I wanted to... And was shockingly only 7 seconds off of a PR. I hate 5ks.

Nice job!  I hate them too which is why I no longer race them.  Especially since i'm like 3 minutes off my PR and will never see that time ever again.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

Yo runners.

Amazing how long my shoes last now.  

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Saw The Shape of Water yesterday. It was really good, although not for everyone.

Got my 20 done. Back still sore, and felt it pretty much the entire time, but it held up well enough I guess. Pace-wise it went as well as I could have possibly expected; pretty worried after how painfully slow yesterday was, but I guess that's how recovery runs work.

67 for the week.

Dave

delicate flower

I hate 5ks.

Sounds like you are doing it right.  Nice job.

<3

RunningOnSand

Full disclosure: I've never raced a 5k. And now, hearing how they're supposed to be done, I am filled with dread and will likely NOT sign up for any unless forced. Or bribed. Wink

I ran 6.4 this morning, and then 4 this afternoon. Just didn't have a big enough block of time to do it all in one chunk. I was channeling my inner Bert-O with all of his doubles. And I kind of liked it!

Baboon, awesome race yesterday. I would like to see how fast you'd run a HM on a flat course, b/c you killed that mother, especially with those nasty headwinds at the end.

I was dying by mile 2. 

Sounds like you are doing it right. Nice job.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Aw, but next time you could be seven seconds off in the other direction!  You know you’re curious...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Coastal

SD:  Nice work.  5K's are a suck-fest and it sounds like you ran this one about right.  I hate them too, which is why I've only run one and that was for fun.

Baboon:  Flat course, no wind, and you'd have a nice shiny new PR.

Got in 7.9 out on the roads.  We didn't get the possible snow and the sun came out.  Felt great.  Had a hot spot heat up on my foot so had to get the duct tape out.  Wanted 8 but turned around a bit early.