Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: So what's the weather like in Iceland anyway? (Read 31 times)

LRB

Since Docket is there, I would imagine the heat index is north of 110, with a dew-dew of 86. 

delicate flower

<3

onemile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Since Docket is there, I would imagine the heat index is north of 110, with a dew-dew of 86. 

Fortunately, no!  I hope the wind goes down a bit, though. It is windier than Las Vegas!

still touring but this country has wifi everywhere. This place is awesome!

Damaris

When the alarm went off this morning, I had no earthly idea where I was, who I was, what that noise was, or what I was supposed to do about it. Eventually figured most of it out.

Scheduled for "cruise intervals" today, which is a new thing for me. It was 8x800m at about 10k pace, but only 200m recoveries, whimade it more of a challenge for me. The additional goal was to get a bit faster with each repeat. Which I did; #1 at 7:07, #8 was blasted home at 6:32.

Dave

LRB

bluerun

Super B****

10 trainer miles, 5 AlterG miles.  My dentist apparently takes Fridays off in the summer, which is an issue at the moment.

Why am I running another mile race??

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

10 trainer miles, 5 AlterG miles.  My dentist apparently takes Fridays off in the summer, which is an issue at the moment.

Why am I running another mile race??

In preparation for the big one, of course!

bluerun

Super B****

In preparation for the big one, of course!

Yeah, why am I doing THAT one?!

I registered for two races yesterday.  A $40 mile and a $50 half marathon.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

4 more easy. I have already purchased two hats and two visors at this stupid event and the weekend isn't even here yet.  Heading out for crepes now.

<3

Cyberic

Morning guys and gals,

Another August Friday, another vacation day.

Decided I'll try to do A skips and B skips and such form drills a couple of times a week instead of going all mileage again. It seems to me that I am not really improving by stringing marathons, and I don't really like 5Ks and shorter races because they are too hard. So I'll try to do different by integrating some core work, and some form drills in my routine, and hopefully see some significative improvement.

Downloaded a MacMillan video explaining the form drills. Last evening went out to try them. I have no coordination. Looked like a damn idiot. Of course the park was filled with people 

Have a good day at work, people!

D_R, tell us more about Iceland!

Downloaded a MacMillan video explaining the form drills. Last evening went out to try them. I have no coordination. Looked like a damn idiot. Of course the park was filled with people 

Ha. You probably looked like you've never run before in your life, and are trying to figure out how to do it.

Since I bought a McMillan plan, I am inundated with articles and videos. They are no doubt informative and helpful, but I have yet to read or watch a single one. I just much prefer running to reading and learning about running. Maybe that will limit my improvement, IDK.

Dave

Cyberic

Ha. You probably looked like you've never run before in your life, and are trying to figure out how to do it.

Since I bought a McMillan plan, I am inundated with articles and videos. They are no doubt informative and helpful, but I have yet to read or watch a single one. I just much prefer running to reading and learning about running. Maybe that will limit my improvement, IDK.

IDK either. I don't know if I'll keep at it long enough to have an opinion, but I think I'd need to give it 'til next Spring before I can tell if it helps improvement or not. I know how much I improve each year with purely running. I think I need to give it close to a year to fairly compare the two (with and without the core work/drills).