Beginners and Beyond

Tip-top Tuesday Penguins! (Read 5 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Glad to hear you're feeling better, Ginny!!  My director, who wrecked her car on Saturday, lets no grass grow under her feet.  She purchased a new car yesterday and picks it up tomorrow.  Another convert to the Prius!!  'Twas raining when I got up this morning, but since I'd planned a work walk today, it's all good.  That much I can do holding an umbrella, if needed.  Woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5-7 miles tonight.

HopesMom, glad your friend is starting to get her stuff in order. After an accident, one is so lost between the change in routine, aches, meniscus tears (ha, me), etc., that some normalcy is appreciated.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning!  I have Pilates and 5-7 miles tonight.

HopesMom, glad your friend is starting to get her stuff in order. After an accident, one is so lost between the change in routine, aches, meniscus tears (ha, me), etc., that some normalcy is appreciated.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Went out to Fort Sam this morning with doing 3 miles in mind.  But felt good once I got out there and ended up doing 5 miles. Very very easy pace, 11-something per mile, which felt good for my legs after my GIANT HILLS 5K last Saturday.

Registered for all the October races I want to do.

Then was looking on my calendar at my upcoming races from now until the end of October and if I get to do them all, then I will have 71 races completed for this year by the end of October.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

GinnyinPA

Scotty - Sounds like a great run.  I had the thought yesterday that this might be a record year for you.  Usually you finish the year with 70+, but you'll be much higher this year.  Did you see the article about the guy who has just completed his 10,000th 5k?  You'd be close, as long as you've been running.

HM - I hope you got a walk in today.  Do you still do the route that includes the indoor walkway?  I'm glad your friend was able to get such a good start on getting her life back to normal.

D - I hope your short run went well. When do you leave for Iceland?

Another cool but humid day (75 degrees, DP of 71).  Since it was overcast and I had an errand that direction, I headed out to the county park for my 6 mile loop. I intended to do a tempo run, but the first few miles were too slow because the humidity made my easy pace feel more like a moderately hard pace. I sped up when my body warmed up, but only ended up with 1 mile at HM pace and 1 mile at 10k pace and the rest some sort of in between pace - neither easy nor tempo. Not quite what I intended.  My ribs weren't happy with me pushing the pace either.

Docket_Rocket

Nice run, Ginny.  We leave tomorrow.

7 done after Pilates

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page