Beginners and Beyond

What, no Thursdailies yet? (Read 31 times)

5 miles from PST.

Dave

Cyberic

Might hit the indoor track at lunch. Hard on the body, though, I'm not adapted yet and it kind of hurts the external side of my lower leg from always pushing to turn in the same direction. So maybe I won't go to the track.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Our cold front is here for a few more hours, so I ran outside early this morning.  7 in 46F.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

GOOD MORNING lmfao.  I took today off from work for wifely reasons.  So, I got to sleep late for the second straight weeknight, then I hit the pool for a 4000 yard swim (that's long).  I've got a short track workout to do later too. 

Morning!  Our cold front is here for a few more hours, so I ran outside early this morning.  7 in 46F.

You must have worn EVERYTHING.  Funny, it's about that temperature here today and I happy for the warmth.

<3

sdWhiskers

4 miles in a drizzle. The rains are coming.

Weather forecast for CIM is mid 30's at the start, 50 at the finish under sunny skies.

Cyberic

Damaris is tough in the cold. Before the Montreal marathon, it was windy on the bridge, and I was wearing a throwaway shirt, and she wasn't. I would have been colder that her dressed the way she was dressed.

sdWhiskers

So we have our first rainstorm of the season (in probably 9 months?). The morning commute is a hot mess, crashes everywhere. And I just saw that it's supposed to be so bad that even Sea World is closing for the day.

Weather forecast: 0.1-0.7 inches of rain over 2 days.

The rest of the nation can laugh now.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Whiskers, I feel your pain. For my area, it is the mere mention of snow and people freak out. One of my teammates in the mileage game was amused that schools were closing for an inch or 2 of snow. They don't close in Montana.

onemile

Weather forecast for CIM is mid 30's at the start, 50 at the finish under sunny skies.

Sounds perfect!

Ideal. Get some throwaway clothes and you are good to go.

Dave

LRB

You can't beat that with a baseball bat.

When I was there in '16, I wore a hooded sweatshirt and pants that I scored from the thrift shop for the bus ride to the start line. Once there, I disembarked to pee, then got on another bus to wait since mine was much further back.

For as many people that was there, it is very well run and organized. You can fit in basically anywhere you want in the corrals.

Docket_Rocket

GOOD MORNING lmfao.  I took today off from work for wifely reasons.  So, I got to sleep late for the second straight weeknight, then I hit the pool for a 4000 yard swim (that's long).  I've got a short track workout to do later too. 

You must have worn EVERYTHING.  Funny, it's about that temperature here today and I happy for the warmth.

Yeah tank and shorts. Arm warmers for the first 2 miles but that was too much.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

So we have our first rainstorm of the season (in probably 9 months?). The morning commute is a hot mess, crashes everywhere. 

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious. I was in Vegas one year and it rained. And by rain I mean it sprinkled. LITERALLY. Girl, people were driving off the roads and crashing into poles all over the place. It was like some shit out of an apocalyptic movie, there were accidents everywhere.

I had not seen anything like that before and haven't since. Craziest shit ever. Like, it wasn't even raining anymore and they were still crashing. Mind boggling.

LRB

Welp, it looks like Lake Tahoe will be my destination trip next May. I plan on flying into Sacramento then driving to South Lake Tahoe. Going to stay in Nevada. Has anyone ever been there? Any tips or must see or do things?

sdWhiskers

When I was there in '16, I wore a hooded sweatshirt and pants that I scored from the thrift shop for the bus ride to the start line. Once there, I disembarked to pee, then got on another bus to wait since mine was much further back.

Do you remember how long it takes for the bus ride to the start?