Beginners and Beyond

Driving Miss DAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

I'll be heading back to the trail to run today, as I have found the route in my neighborhood to be absolutely horrible in terms of slanted, pitched and cambered sidewalks and the like. (it never bothered me before but it seems to now )

Maybe it's all in my head, but the trail just feels so much more easier to run on for my fragile body and psyche. So driving 40 minutes (each way ffs) to jog for an hour is what I will do.

Clever title. Let's see how confused people will be since "Sunday" isn't in there anywhere. Because there are so many threads on this forum to sift through.

I'll be heading back to the trail to run today, as I have found the route in my neighborhood to be absolutely horrible in terms of slanted, pitched and cambered sidewalks and the like. (it never bothered me before but it seems to now )

Maybe it's all in my head, but the trail just feels so much more easier to run on for my fragile body and psyche. So driving 40 minutes (each way ffs) to jog for an hour is what I will do.

FFS indeed. It's gonna be half that drive to my next marathon. Is this Stony (& Wojo) Creek Metropark? I know this is your go-to, but nothing closer?

Greg has 40-50 minutes easy for me today. Y'know, recovering from my 5k.  I'm sure he doesn't realize the race was short. And that I tempoed in the last mile. Anyway, I need 10.5 to get to 50 for the week, so will probably do at least that.

Dave

No more marathons

I saw the new Planet of the Apes movie today. At two hours and twenty-four minutes, that shit was long and painful and not really as good as the reviews indicated. IMO anyway.

I have been refraining from watching it, due to it being depressing, I am sure.

I watched Atomic Blonde and it was good.

I've seen both and each was entertaining in their own right.  The monkey movie was well done and the CGI was pretty impressive, but it could have been about 30 minutes shorter - no need for all the anguished  monkey face close ups.

Atomic Blonde was full of action and plot twists.  Suspension of belief is necessary - but at least the hero looks like she's been in a fight when she's been in a fight - know what I mean?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 20 miles tonight, so we'll see.  Knee feels better but I'll see how I feel later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Atomic Blonde was full of action and plot twists.  Suspension of belief is necessary - but at least the hero looks like she's been in a fight when she's been in a fight - know what I mean?

Except, I'm guessing, that the makeup is still perfect?

Dave

No more marathons

For the first several year of running, most of my runs were just head out the door and go.  My DS on the other hand hated running the roads and would drive (or early on, be driven) 20 to 30 minutes to the forest (depending on which trail he wanted to run).  Now I only run from my house a couple times a month. The drive to my usual routes is only 2 to 4 miles though, so no to onerous.

Got my 7.5 miles in to keep my 100 mile month string going.  Likely to be the last one.

He's a leaker!

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 23 sore and draggy miles this morning.  The only part I liked was hitting my driveway at the end.  I rode 250 this week, and my legs think I'm a dick.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Got my 7.5 miles in to keep my 100 mile month string going.  Likely to be the last one.

Why?

Looks like 28 straight for me. 

Dave

onemile

I ran 16

onemile

my legs think I'm a dick.

Mine too 

No more marathons

Why?

Looks like 28 straight for me. 

Mostly motivation. It takes 22.6 miles per week (in a 31 day month) to hit 100 miles.  I've only exceeded that 2 times in the last 6 weeks.

We'll be traveling to Florence Italy next month (8 days in total) and I don't really expect to run more than once or twice while we're gone (just to get the map in my RA log) so that means I'd need to average over 30 miles for the other three weeks. And I've lost my work shower, so noon runs (with a higher motivation ratio - gets me out of the office) are now out.

He's a leaker!

LRB

I cracked 40 MPW (albeit just barely) for the first time since April. And that the miles were relatively brisk makes me happy.

I'm not going to get too carried away though because the last time I felt this good, the bench came calling. #realitycheck

onemile

I cracked 40 MPW (albeit just barely) for the first time since April. And that the miles were relatively brisk makes me happy.

I'm not going to get too carried away though because the last time I felt this good, the bench came calling. #realitycheck

Nice!

Half Crazy K 2.0

9 total with 4 x 45 seconds faster, 1 minute recovery + 3 x 6 min tempo-ish pace + 4x 45 seconds. Week 1 done.

Runshortii

Nice mileage this week LRB!

I raced the Cudahy Classic 10 miler this morning and ran a total of 13 miles with w.u/c.d. The running club that runs it also runs the marathon I'm running in October. Official time was 1:17:29, which is a PR from the last 10 miler I did (a year ago). I was hoping for faster given my HM time in May, and it wasn't humid but it still felt too warm to me (71ish) It was two loops of a 5 mile course. (they had a 5 mile race too) It was a really nice course, shaded and mostly on paved trails in a park with a few residential roads overlooking Lake Michigan for parts of it, but the few spots in the full sun sucked. I started out okay, but around mile 4-5 my quads tightened up like crazy and felt like lead (hence the 8:00 mile). It seriously felt like I had just finished 8 1000m repeats after a leg day  I've never had that happen in a race and not sure if it's just from upping my mileage and LRs for marathon training and running a longer race in the middle of training. I've never ran anything over a 10K without somewhat of a taper...and this is my highest mileage month and longest LRs the past couple weeks.

Anyway, it eventually went away somewhat and I managed to string along some 7:40s at the end. 3rd place in my AG and I think 8th female overall? If I didn't feel like I wanted to die it would have been a beautiful course to do an easy run on. Very well organized race with a cookout afterwards with watermelon, bananas, pies, cake, cheeseburgers and hot dogs. It's nice running a race put on by...runners. Who would've thought. My only gripe is it was very congested at the start, but otherwise it was a really nice race.

On a side note, went to this "taste of wisconsin" food festival last night. Pierogis, fried oysters, beef brisket, and mexican style corn in a cup is probably not the dinner of champions