Beginners and Beyond

Everybody Loves Monday (Read 32 times)

LRB

Yo.

Let's get this thing moving....eventually.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 4.2 miles in dry and low 50s conditions.  That's about as good as it gets.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

That title is so wrong.

I am at jury duty today and have 7 miles to do after that.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Congrats on making it to Monday, folks.  I am tired from my weekend training.    My early swim this morning reflected that.  But, I got my 2400 yards done.  I've got my short Monday run to do later.

<3

SRD.

Dave

Cyberic

I will run this evening. 8-9. I have to watch out, I'm tapering.

LRB

Don't you mean WE have to watch out. lol

LRB

That title is so wrong.

I am at jury duty today and have 7 miles to do after that.

Taken in the literal sense it would be. But no one would do that. 

Don't you mean WE have to watch out. lol

I remember April who used to post here, when she was tapering for her first marathon, she changed her username to Taperil.

Dave

onemile

Watch out for what?

Cyberic

Watch out for what?

I need to keep my weekly mileage in check. 45 miles would be good. If I run 10 tonight...

No more marathons

After Deadpool made you look like a complete fucking idiot for waiting on the credits to roll, I have never waited again. I can see that shit on youtube which I have done only once. I think that was for the second Avengers but I probably have that wrong.

You all need to get the phone app "runpee"

It gives you length of movie, when the best bathroom breaks are, how long the credits run, and whether or not there is anything to see in the credits.

Easy 4 on the schedule today.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

F*ck me damn it, I woke up this morning with my legs sore and dragging. Splitting yesterday's long run in two definitely kicked my butt, running the 4.5 miles in the morning with Dorian in the stroller with the constant flattening of a tire (I had to air it up each mile) and the dogs. Then later that evening Jetta and I went back out for a 7.2 mile run.

Of course, I didn't post until almost 10 PM so I was the last one in the Sundailies thread 

Seen GOTG2 yesterday, it was good. I very much enjoyed it, can't really say if it was better or as good as the first one. I didn't like how Quill's relationship with his daddy ended, and they seemed to put more mushy drama in this one and less of the back and forth smartass banter that was so enjoyable. But the chemistry between actors/ress's was still there and great, and even with the new characters it was enjoyable.

I can't wait to see the 6th (?) Pirates of the Caribbean. It looks really good, and again the chemistry between the characters looks great which is always something I require to enjoy a triology or "series" thing. I did NOT care for the last one, - Stranger Tides. The chemistry was just gone in that one, the new characters/people didn't mesh with Depp and any others that were still in, and the fact that so many of the likable characters that did mesh with him were gone........ it just sucked. So I am pretty excited about this one, from the trailer it seems that they've got the chemistry back.

Anyways, enough of that shit. Today is no run day, but I did hit the gym this morning.

No automatic alt text available.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

I need to keep my weekly mileage in check. 45 miles would be good. If I run 10 tonight...

Oh, I'd have no problem keeping it to 45 miles

Oh, I'd have no problem keeping it to 45 miles

Yeah, I would just stop running after the first 3 days. 

Dave