Beginners and Beyond

Tempted WednesDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

Man, that's a big ass, bright ass moon out there right now. But it's also 10 degrees, so no thanks. lol

LRB

I'll run on the belt instead. Wonderful.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

30 min elliptical.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning!!  I took my interval workout to the treadmill this morning.  It's nice enough to run outside except for the black ice on the roads and snow and ice on the bike path.  My footpod was acting up again this morning and my hard interval paces were showing a minute slower than what the treadmill was showing.  My recovery readings were fine though. Turns out the auto-calibrate function on my footpod was turned off, and I am guessing a recent firmware update to my watch switched that off.  That could certainly explain things.

Anyway, 10 minute warm up, then 4 x 5 minutes hard with 3 minute recoveries.  Interval paces came to about 6:35, 6:25, 6:20, 6:15.  Heart rate readings show the effort.  My guess on the workout totals is 6.2 miles at 7:15 pace, and I manually updated my log to show that.  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Didn't run last night, so 3 miles this morning, with 3-4 miles after Pilates tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dave

Zelanie

Winter storm warning here, we're supposed to get snow and freezing rain here all day, but since it's not snowing yet, apparently school is open.  This could be interesting.

onemile

I'll run on the belt instead. Wonderful.

How'd it feel?

LRB

How'd it feel?

Yesterday's trot was really awkward, today's was more natural. I think tomorrow I should be back to normal on the stupid thing. 

I don't have any noticeable soreness or other post-race issues so that's good.

Are you shooting for 10 days off? 

onemile

Yesterday's trot was really awkward, today's was more natural. I think tomorrow I should be back to normal on the stupid thing. 

I don't have any noticeable soreness or other post-race issues so that's good.

Are you shooting for 10 days off? 

Good.

Sort of. I might try to run tonight. The spot on my quad is feeling better today. I can barely feel it.

LRB

Good.

Sort of. I might try to run tonight. The spot on my quad is feeling better today. I can barely feel it.

Yeah hopefully that thing acts like it has some sense. Having an indoor track is a great asset in that regard.

onemile

Yeah hopefully that thing acts like it has some sense. Having an indoor track is a great asset in that regard.

Probably the treadmill since I'm only planning to do something short. I do love my indoor track but the driving time doesn't seem worth it for 3-4 miles. Or anything less than an hour really.

onemile

It's supposed to snow like 6-11 inches here between Friday and Saturday

LRB

It's supposed to snow like 6-11 inches here between Friday and Saturday

They're saying anything from 3 to 10 here. What a range.

LRB

Winter storm warning here, we're supposed to get snow and freezing rain here all day, but since it's not snowing yet, apparently school is open.  This could be interesting.

That would be bad enough in the midwest, can't imagine how the driving will be out there. Drive carefully!