Beginners and Beyond

Fiesta Friday Penguins (Read 12 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." They also don't notice when somebody hides an extra sentence in the middle of the intro.  It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

...at least I'm ready to party =P

I'm drinking coffee and then heading out for 7 or so miles in the heat.

Tonight will be dinner and drinks at a wine bar with friends.  Tomorrow I'm going to meet with Kristin and run the last 7 miles of her long run with her in Central Park.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Glad it's Friday, and it's also my last day of work before a week's worth of new instrument training near Boston.  We'll fly out on Monday (DH is going with) and fly back on Saturday.  I expect it'll be exhausting, but good!

sapf -- sounds like a fun night tonight, and enjoy the FE tomorrow!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

From the Internet.

Morning, Penguins!!  Glad it's Friday, and it's also my last day of work before a week's worth of new instrument training near Boston.  We'll fly out on Monday (DH is going with) and fly back on Saturday.  I expect it'll be exhausting, but good!

sapf -- sounds like a fun night tonight, and enjoy the FE tomorrow!!

That's my neck of the woods, I'm ~25 minutes outside (south-ish.. southwest of?) Boston! Where are you going?

Singer who runs a smidge

Northwards -- Beverly.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Jill, I hope your hot 7 went well.  Have a great weekend!

Hopesmom, your week sounds fun, enjoy the change of scenery.

No running for me today.  I have a class at the gym this morning.  Then I'm going with a friend to see a matinee of San Andreas at the discount theater.  Because everyone loves a good California disaster movie.  

From the Internet.

Northwards -- Beverly.

I grew up one town over from there, parents still live up that way Smile I can suggest some things to do/places to go if you end up having time to explore.

Singer who runs a smidge

Please do!  Classes should end by 5:00, I'm hoping.  We're staying at a Doubletree in Danvers, but we won't have a car.

Zelanie

Hey guys!  Back to work again this AM. Hopefully 5-8 afterwards.

HsM- Have a good weekend!

sapf- Have a great FE run!

Lauren- Hiya!

Brilliant- I don't think I can suspend disbelief enough to watch that.  Plus, when the big one hits, I'm pretty sure it will hit us in Oregon.  Your San Andreas fault doesn't have anything on Cascadia.

GinnyinPA

Okay, so who added the extra sentence to the intro?  How long has it been there and I didn't notice, because I rarely read the intro any more?

Years ago, at the Washington Post, the typesetters would put strange phrases in the headers in the Sunday Style section, just to see if anyone would notice, I think.  It went on for a couple of years.  Once I noticed, I'd look for them, and ask if anyone else had seen the latest.  Nobody ever did.  Nobody reads the headers of a paper, unless they're looking for a specific page number.  Eventually there was a change at the paper and it stopped, but those weird sayings would really make my day.

sapf - Enjoy your evening out.  I hope you're not too hungover to meet Kristin for your run.

HopesMom - have fun at your training in Mass.  Not driving in that area is a good thing.  Boston traffic is nuts.

Brilliant - I hope you had fun at the gym, and that it was nice and cool.  The movie theater should be chilly anyhow.

Z - when do classes start for you?  Enjoy your run.

AFM:  time to make up for my missed runs.  Nope, not going to do that, but I will run 6-8 later.  We're expecting a return to summer heat and humidity this weekend, so it's back to the TM.  The cooler dryer air has been nice while it lasted.

Zelanie

Ginny- Good eye! I added the extra sentence maybe 2 days ago.  Classes don't start until after labor day, but it looks like I will be pretty busy until then. Hope you have a good run later!

Singer who runs a smidge

Missed it. 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Sneaky Zel =D

Ginny - I shouldn't be.  The friends I'm going to dinner with are my post college (non binge drinking) friends.  They'll totally understand if I stop at one glass of wine for running purposes. :-)

Those 7 miles were brutal.  That's a good reminder to get my booty out the door earlier.  I actually could have gone earlier but hubby had to leave for work early and I didn't want my dog to be freaked out by a change in routine.  It is supposed to be super hot this weekend and I'm supposed to do 16 miles for the first time ever on Sunday.  Eep.

Amazonian Princess

Ginny- Good eye! I added the extra sentence maybe 2 days ago.  

Zelanie wins internet!

I can. I will. I am. 

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Spent all morning in court but I am finally done. I have an RD so Pilates after work for me and that's it.

BBL when I have gotten up to date with my deskwork.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page