Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Pill Poppin' Penguins! (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Kaycee would wait until our back was turned and then spit out her pills.  Hope was taking capsules for a while, and she would bite into them and then dribble the powder out on the floor, so we couldn't give them to her.  Dusty, on the other hand, will snap up pretty much anything DH tosses to him.  You don't even have to put the pills in anything.

So with my director and the other assistant director out of town tonight, I am running chorus rehearsal.  Equal parts EEK and WOO-HOO!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HM - have fun tonight.

Another hot humid day but it's supposed to cool off this evening after a thunderstorm.  I may wait to see if that is true. 85 is still hot, but if it's cloudy, it might be bearable.

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  Worked from home today but I was stupid busy!  I went to Orange Theory this morning and it was run/row day, so the workout was:

0.3 run at push pace (MP)

Two weight exercises

0.1 run at All out pace (I do 5K to Mile Race pace)

400m row

Rinse and repeat for 30 minutes

1.68 miles total

Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

HopesMom, I think you just proved cats are smarter than dogs, ha.

Ginny, hope you ran!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Mostly our dogs get pills in bread, so they're not too suspicious. I guess Zoe wasn't a fan of whatever they have her on.

I took Ginny's advice from the other thread and took an Uber out to the beach, then ran back to the hotel through Golden Gate Park. It let me get a good run and some sightseeing in. There were even bison!