Beginners and Beyond

Yes I am a Princess (Thank You's on 2nd page) (Read 204 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats!  Wow, great report and great photos, y'all look fantastic!

Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself.  Hope all that will hold you over for the rest of winter in Canada!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

I see these photos & can't help hearing the song "Girls Just Want to Have Fun".

Dave

Supersono99

Sounds like an awesome time! Great photos, too!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Love the pictures!! What a blast. That's exactly how Disney races should be, in my opinion.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

This is AWESOME!!!! Looks like you had an awesome "Princess" week with your girlfriends and a fun race!!! Love, love, LOVE the costumes!!!! Awesome job making those!!

Only complaint: No pics of the plane costumes? Sad

Thanks for sharing your fun RR!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

notimeforthat

Glad you had a great time! I LOVE that Wyndham place. We stay there when we take the kids to Orlando, but I actually had the wonderful surprise of running into Smarterblonde and her sweet child there last year.

Good to see the pics!

PressingOn

Looks like a fun, fun, time!  Love the costumes.  Congrats!

Zelanie

Sounds like you went into it with a great attitude for the event and I'm glad you had such a fun time!

Luke79

Thanks for sharing Beth, I'm glad you had a great time in the warmth.

LRB

You said you were going to have a blast and you did exactly that.  Hilarious!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Oh Canada!  You sure seem like you know how to have a good time.  I'm glad the event lived up to your expectations and that you gals all enjoyed yourselves (and made it back in one piece).

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Just B.S.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Sorry it has taken so long to get back and thank everyone. If you read the

dailies you know it's been a rather hectic/stressful and eventful week since I returned from Orlando.

I actually typed out a complete reply to everyone several days ago, then proceeded to hit Delete instead of

Enter. Took me over 30 minutes to type that damn thing out. So frustrating.

Lily, you are more than welcome to join us on an adventure! We did leave quite an impression at some

places but no lasting damage!LOL  

Welcome home, Beth! I've missed you! But I knew you were having a blast, so I wasn't too worried about you. In fact, I was more worried about our American friends who had to handle the tornado you can sometimes be. Big grin You look beautiful and so radiant, as always!

What a GREAT idea to do this with your girlfriends! I want to do something similar someday, but I don't have any friends who run. Can you take me along on one of your fun trips? I'll be a good girl, I promise! :-)

TarHeelMom, we left the tiara wearing up to the 50th bday girl but she was a wimp and said it hurt her head

and didn't wear it for the race!LOL

WHERE IS YOUR TIARA, YOUR HIGHNESS?

SheCan, thanks! We do seem to be good at the 50th bday celebrations. Mine was the Bermuda Marathon. Hubby's will be in September

at a marathon in Ireland. One of the girls in the photo (along with her 74 yr old Dad) are also running it 

What a wonderful, fun RR!  You and your friends really know how to celebrate a big birthday.  Can't believe you all got such a good finish time with all those stops.  Mustta been Disney magic or something.  The costumes are so cute and funny!  You made me wanna be a Canadian Princess!  Congratulations to you and your awesome friends.

Bruce, I know! seriously Disney is good at getting you there but doesn't seem to want to let you leave! we

had the same problem that Monday after 14 hrs at Epcot. Came in the light, walked for 14 hours and couldn't

find the exit  in the dark Roll eyes Had to ask 3 people before we finally got it right.   Fatigue from the day and the 2:30

am wake up call the and a half marathon the day prior may have had something to do with it. 

It looks like you had an absolutely fabulous time with friends and the smiles in all the photos prove it. I really loved the one with you bent over the bus stop sign and can totally relate the hilarious exasperation you were feeling. "But I just want to leave ... how hard can this be?"

RunwScissors, thank you. I sometimes take it for granted and forget how lucky I am to have so many

swimming/biking/ marathon running friends/girlfriends to do these things with. Not to mention my great

hubby who also does them and sends me off with my friends for adventures of my own. 

Great race, Beth. I'm so envious that your GFs are runners!!! My girl trips usually involve a music festival, or camping and hiking, but I can't imagine doing a HM with my GFs. I can dream...

Pinktastic, I just love your enthusiasm. You really need to join Lily and I on a running adventure some day.

P.S. check our the new screen name. Thank you for the pink-a-riffic suggestion.

BETH!!  I've been anxiously waiting for you to get home so you could write an RR and let us know about your trip!!  It sounds like you and your girlfriends had the celebration of a lifetime!!  Thanks for sharing all those PINK-maxing pics - I love them!!   You did a fabulous job on the costumes, and now I can't wait to see the cow costumes for Ireland!!

I think you should change your screen name from Just B.S. to Princess B.S.   Just thinking out loud......   ;-)

Four, thank! my aim was that we would be 3 "one of a kinds" and we were!  I am already formulating a

plan for the cow costume. There is a trophy involved so I've told my friends they are on their own for costume

design this time. Friendship only goes so far when a trophy is involved.Big grin

Fabulous, just fabulous.  So happy that you had a great experience, Disney is intended for exactly how you approached it - a fun time.  And OMG.... the costumes are amazing!!!!   You really thought that one thru and made a custom look that only you can.  Memories that will last you a lifetime.  Now if only we all could come to Ireland to see the cow's run, wouldn't that be something!

Kristin, sorry not yet. We had 3 cameras and 3 iphones taking photos and the plane ones are on my

friends. We are getting together for a group run/planning meeting for our trip to Ireland next weekend

and  my friend is supposed to give me a stick with all of her photos from the plane.

This is AWESOME!!!! Looks like you had an awesome "Princess" week with your girlfriends and a fun race!!! Love, love, LOVE the costumes!!!! Awesome job making those!!

Only complaint: No pics of the plane costumes? Sad

Al, that place is awesome. So lovely and convenient and no Disney all in your face the entire time!LOL 

Glad you had a great time! I LOVE that Wyndham place. We stay there when we take the kids to Orlando, but I actually had the wonderful surprise of running into Smarterblonde and her sweet child there last year.Good to see the pics!

SIAR, you wouldn't believe how many times we heard that on the course. Hilarious. We do know how t

o have a good time on and off the course. I may show you the photo of me chugging wine from the bottle

on the balcony.......maybe if you ask pretty please

Oh Canada!  You sure seem like you know how to have a good time.  I'm glad the event lived up to your expectations and that you gals all enjoyed yourselves (and made it back in one piece).

LRB, LUKE, ZELANIE, SCOTTY, DAVE, SUPERSONO, D.R., APRIL, KAY, AMI, BOZY,  MUCKNORT, RXS

and LITTLE BLUE..........thank you all for taking the time to comment!

Pinktastic

Love, Love, Love the new screen name!!    It's perfect for you!!!   Hope Buster and your aunt are well on their way to recovery!!   Have a Pinksational day, Beth!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Great RR, seems like you had alot of fun.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

What a wonderful RR, Beth!  You look awesome and so happy.  Smile

Running is dumb.